Cobb Accessport Question

This is a discussion on Cobb Accessport Question within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I plan on going stage 1 soon.. After I do some initial data logs to make sure everything is ok, ...

Cobb Accessport Question

I plan on going stage 1 soon.. After I do some initial data logs to make sure everything is ok, how often should I log after that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Whenever you want. I typically log two to three times/month. Then again, I've had my tune pretty finalized for a long time...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Whenever you want. I typically log two to three times/month. Then again, I've had my tune pretty finalized for a long time...
    Thanks for the Reply- I guess what i'm getting at is-- if the ots map I go with works perfect when i first flash.. is there a chance it won't agree with my car down the road at some point?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by chris law
    Thanks for the Reply- I guess what i'm getting at is-- if the ots map I go with works perfect when i first flash.. is there a chance it won't agree with my car down the road at some point?
    Is the weather and other conditions (e.g., altitude) you drive on always the same?

UNYSOC

Most likely the car will work fine on day 1000 if it works fine on day 1 unless you have something else go wrong (i.e. like a boost leak or other problem). Most people never data log after flashing their cars and never have any problems with their tune.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones
    Most likely the car will work fine on day 1000 if it works fine on day 1 unless you have something else go wrong (i.e. like a boost leak or other problem). Most people never data log after flashing their cars and never have any problems with their tune.
    Yes and no. There are variations in driving conditions that can make the map perform poorly in some circumstances.

Many people don't log their car after flashing a base map and don't have an issue like a blown motor in the time they own the car; that doesn't mean that the map is operating properly, and often times, they wouldn't know it. The people who choose not to datalog, are often the kind that wouldn't know knock if they heard/felt it.

UNYSOC

good info, thanks

Chris. For what it's worth u can 1 open box 2 install 3 learn to use 4 Data log. 5 Upload to comp then here and 6 get feedback in about two hours including figuring out how to work everything. I installed on Tuesday night, took Wednesday off to put some miles on it and then log. Thursday I have a nice log and a noticeably faster, higher boosting (data proven) car.
    2013 WRX Limited Silver. Stage 1 l+ Cobb SF, Short Shifter, 20/50 Tint.
    Logged 17.45 PSI @ 4200. Live Data'd 18.0 max.

Ok EJ since you say weather and such can change how your tune works, then does that mean I should log often because the climate in my area changes a lot from summer to winter and sometimes we get freak weather during spring and fall where one day temps can be as high as 70 then drop to below freezing in 2 days...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kam91
    Ok EJ since you say weather and such can change how your tune works, then does that mean I should log often because the climate in my area changes a lot from summer to winter and sometimes we get freak weather during spring and fall where one day temps can be as high as 70 then drop to below freezing in 2 days...
    There is never a harm in logging to make sure everything is running properly. I logged my car quite a bit for a year dialing in my tune. Now, I just log randomly once in a while to do a quick check.

UNYSOC