Stage two help
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage two help within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an opportunity to purchase a new Cobb access port, Invidia catless down pipe, and Invidia Q300 exhaust for ...

Stage two help

I have an opportunity to purchase a new Cobb access port, Invidia catless down pipe, and Invidia Q300 exhaust for around $1500. First of all, is this a good setup? I have read forum after forum and I am getting overwhelmed with info. What is the benefit between catless and catted down pipe? I am looking for performance, not a loud ricer-sounding car. Any help would be greatly appreciated. For those who do not know me, I have a 2012 STI hatchback. Gracias.
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The Access Port does not include a map to be used with catless downpipe for your car, so you may want to rethink that combination.

That is great info! Thanks.
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

If you have a laptop and general computer know how / common sense I suggest you look at a Torqued Performance map and a Tactrix cable.

I wouldn't let TP tune my lawn mower.. But that's for another discussion. I'd get the package and run it. MAKE SURE you data log!! The problem the later cars have with the catless dp is overboost. Seems they require some backpressure to keep the turbo in check. Easy enough to get a E-tune for the ap that will work with the catless dp. Or, you could always re-sell the dp and get a catted one.

Otherwise its not a "bad" setup.. just requires some more attention than just throwing a standard stg II ots map on.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick
    I wouldn't let TP tune my lawn mower.. But that's for another discussion.

I wish you still had your WRX. Once I got some seat time with the new ECUs, I kinda wanted to take a stab at that hesitation you showed me. Oh well...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    I wouldn't let TP tune my lawn mower.. But that's for another discussion.
    Can we discuss this? If not here, in another thread or PM? I've had nothing but good things to say about my TP stage 1 tune, but as I look forward to going stage 2 and stage 2+, I want to know what to look out for.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Can we discuss this? If not here, in another thread or PM? I've had nothing but good things to say about my TP stage 1 tune, but as I look forward to going stage 2 and stage 2+, I want to know what to look out for.
    +1

Go catted, it'll save you some hastle and be more eco friendly
    '11 WRX DGM

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan
    Mango and I have had this discussion multiple times, in person and via text. To keep things civil and to the point, let's just say that some of us have different views on how the cars get tuned...

UNYSOC

I hear a WTF Tuning map is very good...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Mango and I have had this discussion multiple times, in person and via text. To keep things civil and to the point, let's just say that some of us have different views on how the cars get tuned...
    I understand the civility concerns, but private conversations don't do much to educate the forum. If you're willing to share your thoughts I'd like to open a separate thread so folks know what to look for in finding a tuner, whether it's TP or anyone else.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan
    I understand the civility concerns, but private conversations don't do much to educate the forum. If you're willing to share your thoughts I'd like to open a separate thread so folks know what to look for in finding a tuner, whether it's TP or anyone else.
    There's really not much to say other than we would tune the cars differently...I'm not looking to take any business away from Eric. He has a lot of happy customers.
    Last edited by EJ257; 03-07-2013 at 05:25 PM.

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    There's really not much to say other than we would tune the cars differently...I'm not looking to take any business away from Eric. He has a lot of happy customers.
    I would be interested as well to hear the issue. I've had Eric tune my car now 4 seperate times and each time the tune has ended perfect, no issues, lots of power and very driveable. He's also very down to earth and we have had many conversations via email about different cars, my own build plans for the future, and just general questions about different mods and what have you -- always answered all of my questions and has been very patiend with me... Engineering side of me has to know everything

I've yet to get into any serious modifications yet, but as of now and the service ive received from him, I've decided as of now that I will have him as my tuner for my entire build. However, if theres something I've missed that I should be wary about, I would most certainly like to know rather than have something go wrong and realize in hind sight that it could have been avoided.
    Justin ~ 2011 WRX (WRB Sedan) ~ 275whp/299wtq

Build Thread Beloww:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-2011-wrx.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Maher_WRX
    I would be interested as well to hear the issue. I've had Eric tune my car now 4 seperate times and each time the tune has ended perfect, no issues, lots of power and very driveable. He's also very down to earth and we have had many conversations via email about different cars, my own build plans for the future, and just general questions about different mods and what have you -- always answered all of my questions and has been very patiend with me... Engineering side of me has to know everything

I've yet to get into any serious modifications yet, but as of now and the service ive received from him, I've decided as of now that I will have him as my tuner for my entire build. However, if theres something I've missed that I should be wary about, I would most certainly like to know rather than have something go wrong and realize in hind sight that it could have been avoided.
    I've gotten multiple requests here and via PM to elaborate. I'll say this one last time...

Erics tuning seems to work for him and his customers. If you're happy with it, great. The entire point of my post was to simply say Shawn and I would set cars up differently. It doesn't necessarily mean his tuning style is wrong, just different.

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.