TP Stage 1 Data Log Question - 2011 WRX

This is a discussion on TP Stage 1 Data Log Question - 2011 WRX within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing I'd appreciate any feedback on the above log. I'll be sending another over to Eric soon when I can ...

TP Stage 1 Data Log Question - 2011 WRX

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing

I'd appreciate any feedback on the above log. I'll be sending another over to Eric soon when I can get a full pull and all the data he requests on it. I just figured I'd share this in the mean time. I'm getting close to my target boost so I think I've finally got my issues worked out, but my rpm's fluctuate when going up. Is this something I should be concerned with? Or does it look that way because of the resolution of the data log? It looks that way stock or not, but when I had a AP it didn't and I'm assuming it's because it wasn't polling (if that's the correct term) as often.

Thanks
    Last edited by rquinn19; 02-27-2013 at 07:13 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First of all did you feel the car doing this? If no I would assume your resolution is too high.. I've never used RR so I don't know what its capable of.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruWRC View Post
    First of all did you feel the car doing this? If no I would assume your resolution is too high.. I've never used RR so I don't know what its capable of.

I don't feel it. I'm not using RR. Using the Tactrix SD data logging.

There's 50 records (if that's the correct term) per second. Extremely high compared to my old Cobb AP.

I would say its normal, my logs look the same(Fake Tactrix 1.3). Awesome resolution with slight fluctuatings.

4th gear pull? Just threw it on VirtualDyno. Gotta admit, I'm jealous of the amount of torque you're putting out with the 2.5

Looks like you're hitting your max wastegate. But other than that, looks good.

I would say its normal, my logs look the same(Fake Tactrix 1.3). Awesome resolution with slight fluctuatings.

4th gear pull? Just threw it on VirtualDyno. Gotta admit, I'm jealous of the amount of torque you're putting out with the 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post

Yeah that was 4th gear..why I couldn't get any higher in the rpms. Should be a decent weekend out here weather wise. Might take it out to the track, but still won't max out 4th.

You should be doing your pull in 3rd gear, not fourth. Just log one continuous WOT pull from 2000-2500 rpms up til redline.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    You should be doing your pull in 3rd gear, not fourth. Just log one continuous WOT pull from 2000-2500 rpms up til redline.
    Well its 3rd for a wrx and 4th for an sti. I don't think he told us what he has? And to the op I believe the word is samples like 50 samples per second at least that is what we have used in my engineering classes. I'm just wondering is there a way to lower the resolution? I think that just seems like overkill and gives you too much data

STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

I Support ClubWRX
    Well its 3rd for a wrx and 4th for an sti. I don't think he told us what he has? And to the op I believe the word is samples like 50 samples per second at least that is what we have used in my engineering classes. I'm just wondering is there a way to lower the resolution? I think that just seems like overkill and gives you too much data

I think 3rd is still fine in the STi. They say 3rd or 4th. If you went 2500 to redline in 4th you would be going pretty darn fast. I don't know anywhere other than a track that you could legally go that fast (in the US anyway/or on a road).

Thanks for all the replies.

It is a WRX and not sure why I thought it was 4th now that I think about it I did it in 3rd last time. Don't know how to lower the resolution oe if that's even possible. I'm logging via the Tactrix sd logger. I'll check the log config file that sets up all the different parameters for logging.

Thanks for all the replies.

It is a WRX and not sure why I thought it was 4th now that I think about it I did it in 3rd last time. Don't know how to lower the resolution oe if that's even possible. I'm logging via the Tactrix sd logger. I'll check the log config file that sets up all the different parameters for logging.

I say leave the resolution as is. Its easy to trim the fat off huge logs but impossible to add more.
    And have you seen AP logs?! Its like no resolution! Urh!

Posted from a fone.

I Support ClubWRX
    The fluctuations in RPM are due to Fast Polling option being on. It's a quirk in the system. I wouldn't worry about it.

As for gears to log in, I always request some 4th gear pulls as well. I don't ask them to go to redline, as that puts them at speeds too unsafe, but it's important to make sure the tune is safe there too.

Newer STI ratios make a typical log in 3rd fine (tops out ~90), where 04-06 STIs, logs needed to be done in 4th (tops out ~100).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    The fluctuations in RPM are due to Fast Polling option being on. It's a quirk in the system. I wouldn't worry about it.

As for gears to log in, I always request some 4th gear pulls as well. I don't ask them to go to redline, as that puts them at speeds too unsafe, but it's important to make sure the tune is safe there too.

Newer STI ratios make a typical log in 3rd fine (tops out ~90), where 04-06 STIs, logs needed to be done in 4th (tops out ~100).
    Thanks a ton! That puts me at ease.