Torqued Performance Stage 2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Torqued Performance Stage 2 within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well boost leak should be fixed, sent Eric the new logs. Now time to see what he says....

Well boost leak should be fixed, sent Eric the new logs. Now time to see what he says.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by anpato View Post
    Well bad news is I developed a boost leak, and even worse right at the tmic to t/b hose, thanks subaru for sticking it in the worst place possible.
    mine blew apart completely, dont even bother with it, fix it for now and order a AVO or vennair one immediately, then hopefully you dont blow the stock tmic apart like i did lol

Ill be upgrading to a perrin fmic once i have funds for a tomei arms turbo.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by anpato
    Ill be upgrading to a perrin fmic once i have funds for a tomei arms turbo.
    Don't waste your money. If you want to upgrade your turbo, just go rotated...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Dont want that big of a turbo though, wanna keep it stock location. But ive just recently started looking at rotated turbo kits so maybe I might just save up for a rotated setup.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

Just got an email from Eric, logs look good, car is performing good. Ill be emailing him some new logs in a few days once the ECU learns.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Dont want that big of a turbo though, wanna keep it stock location. But ive just recently started looking at rotated turbo kits so maybe I might just save up for a rotated setup.
    You don't have to go obnoxious with the turbo size. GTX3071R is a fantastic turbo for the 2.5L motor with regards to DD-ability. The Tomei turbos are overpriced for what you get from them (similar to the APS turbos on previous MYs). While a "rotated" setup seems expensive, when you factor in that you can sell many of the aftermarket parts you buy for a SL setup, the price difference is negligible. With a rotated setup, you can have a more aggressive tune with the same safety margin, as the system is more efficient.

UNYSOC

I was looking at a blouch 20gxt-r also, I have seen a newer sti with a rotated setup and wow. He said he was still on stock internals pushing 447whp.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

I Support ClubWRX
    I was looking at a blouch 20gxt-r also, I have seen a newer sti with a rotated setup and wow. He said he was still on stock internals pushing 447whp.
    A comparable stock vs rotated setup, the rotated setup should be able to run a more aggressive tune vs the stock location. With any worthwhile turbo upgrade, you're looking at a motor build, and you'd be happier with a rotated setup, to be honest...

UNYSOC

Gahhhh your convincing me to spend money! hahaha Eventually the motor will be rebuilt with all new internals. But until then Ill settle for a new turbo on a mildly aggressive tune. But your definitely convincing me to go rotated!
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12