2011 WRX Cobb OTS stage 2 datalog - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX Cobb OTS stage 2 datalog within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Thanks Calvin. You have any other performance mods besides S1? How do you like it so far.. Is it a ...

Thanks Calvin. You have any other performance mods besides S1? How do you like it so far.. Is it a noticeable difference in smoothness and power? I'm going with the Cobb AP on my '12 once my warranty ends, which is why I'm trying to find out all I can about issues/problems (knock) people are having. I won't be doing anything else for performance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAmbush
    Noob question here, but EJ, what do you mean by "repeatable knock"? Would repeatable knock show up as a different value in the Fine Knock or Feedback knock categories of a datalog? Or is repeatable knock something you experience when driving the car?
    Ignition Timing is setup as a 2D table of RPM vs Load. You need the knock to be occurring at the same general RPM/load area in order for you to want to address it.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAmbush View Post
    Thanks Calvin. You have any other performance mods besides S1? How do you like it so far.. Is it a noticeable difference in smoothness and power? I'm going with the Cobb AP on my '12 once my warranty ends, which is why I'm trying to find out all I can about issues/problems (knock) people are having. I won't be doing anything else for performance
    Just stage 1 at this point, which is still being tweaked. I've had no issues with knock, and found it to be well worth my money.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

alright so a quick update. im starting to just say f*** it and take my downpipe out and go back to stage one where ive had no issues with knock whatsoever. wait until i get all my other mods and get it pro tuned. and if theres any problems im sure the guys who tune it can take car of it

latest log where im showing bad feedback knock at WOT all the way through.. short pull but its showing knock the whole time at WOT

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nc&usp=sharing

would taking my downpipe out and going back to stage 1 until i can get it pro tuned be the safest option?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by slow wrx
    alright so a quick update. im starting to just say f*** it and take my downpipe out and go back to stage one where ive had no issues with knock whatsoever. wait until i get all my other mods and get it pro tuned. and if theres any problems im sure the guys who tune it can take car of it

latest log where im showing bad feedback knock at WOT all the way through.. short pull but its showing knock the whole time at WOT

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nc&usp=sharing

would taking my downpipe out and going back to stage 1 until i can get it pro tuned be the safest option?
    Why did you change maps in the first place? You couldn't provide me with any logs containing repeatable knock.

A car will knock once in a while. Unless you can determine that the tune is the issue (with repeatable knock events), you don't mess with the tune.

"I got an error message on my computer."
    "Alright, let's wipe the O/S and start fresh..."
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12