Difference's and Pro's and Con's - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Difference's and Pro's and Con's within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My elm237 bluetooth OBDII adapter cost me something like .30 shipped and allows me to read and clear codes from ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    My elm237 bluetooth OBDII adapter cost me something like $7.30 shipped and allows me to read and clear codes from my phone. Of course I pretty much always keep my OpenPort 1.3U plugged in and use that for my own car, but I have used the the elm237 to check and clear codes on other people's cars at meets and such.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruDewed View Post
    wow this got off topic fast, and mostly my fault with the wording of some of what i posted. My car was never overheating, i cracked my stock radiator and replaced it with an all aluminum radiator and a Grimmspeed Thermostat. That thermostat does not run my car under normal operating temperatures, i know this because my temp gauge will still go up to the "normal" temp spot and not go over. i do believe it does take longer, with the combination of the better radiator and thermostat, to reach that this temp, especially early in the morning on the freeway, but not effected to much during mid day in town. I believe this to be due to how much more air flow im getting while on the freeway and how cold it is outside (30-50) compared to stop and go in town at around 70-90 degrees outside. Anyway, Thank you for the answer i was looking for Rambo.
    This is the truth. I always hear people say that running a 10c cooler t-stat is going to somehow cool your car more. The bigger more efficient radiator is what brings the temp down. All the t-stat does is open and close at a set temp. Good for you for sticking by and defending your decision.

As for the code reader i got the Innovative Tuning OT-2 Innovate Motorsports OT-2 - Transform your iPhone or iPod into a wireless gauge, data logger, dyno, efficiency meter and OBDII scan tool. and it works pretty good. There are cheaper options out there if you have a smart phone.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    My elm237 bluetooth OBDII adapter cost me something like $7.30 shipped and allows me to read and clear codes from my phone. Of course I pretty much always keep my OpenPort 1.3U plugged in and use that for my own car, but I have used the the elm237 to check and clear codes on other people's cars at meets and such.
    What is that sorcery????

I gotta look into that.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    What is that sorcery????

I gotta look into that.

There's a thread here about the smartphone app "Torque".. I just searched and found the cheapest elm237 connector I could (shipped from China). The polling rate sucks, but other than that it works flawlessly.

zax

Re: Difference's and Pro's and Con's

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    There's a thread here about the smartphone app "Torque".. I just searched and found the cheapest elm237 connector I could (shipped from China). The polling rate sucks, but other than that it works flawlessly.
    Same here. For live data, the ELM327 sucks but it cost me $25 shipped from China 3 years ago.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12