4eat trans tuning

This is a discussion on 4eat trans tuning within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; im getting ready to buy a 2002 wrx wagon with a 4eat , im wondering if any of the major ...

4eat trans tuning

im getting ready to buy a 2002 wrx wagon with a 4eat , im wondering if any of the major tuners do anything with the trans to firm up and quicken the shifts to help prevent the trans from failing a early painful death.
    i dont plan any major mods on the car, basically turbo back exhaust , sti injectors, cold air , turbo inlet pipe,catless up pipe , and maybe a walbro 255 pump should net me about 250whp safely
    im thinking the accessport and a stage 2 tune but i want to ensure that the trans will live safely with these mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

4eat trans tuning

You don't need injectors.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Firming up and quickening the shifts doesn't magically prolong transmission life. But yes most aftermarket ECU reflashes will address getting the 4eat to perform better.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

i know its not a magic solution but it will help it not wear out as quickly as it would if it had the stock slow soft shifts
    i was figuring injectors just to be safe fuel wise ill be putting a wideband in the car just to monitor things anyways along with a boost guage

thanks for the replys guys