My Dyno Numbers - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My Dyno Numbers within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by wrbwrx13 Nate Silveri at TPG tuning Nate's not new to Subarus. What does he have to say ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrbwrx13
    Nate Silveri at TPG tuning
    Nate's not new to Subarus. What does he have to say for the low before/after gains?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

both numbers seem low. I started with my 2012 WRX and on a Mustang dyno it measures 240 hp, which is a few points higher then most, but within reason according to the shop. After a catless DP and custom tune to 18.5 PSI I went back and it was 284 hp. The dyno shop (Not who did the tune or install) said the numbers were impressive and whoever did the tune did a great job

im not nocking his tune at all car runs awesome and feels strong. the before numbers was not mine he just said that was about avrage on his dyno. he said my numbers was good. i just got to noticing everyones numbers was real high compaired to mine. i mean on a hard launch it will brake traction or wants to blow through the clutch only tryed launching twice from a dig and u know the resalts of both haha. its not a daily driver so im hard on it. that was at 4500 rpm we have launched my buddies 08 at 4500rpm sense it was new and now its got 100k on it and still dont have eithe issue not saying either is a bad issue lol (it has the same mods with just him having a highflow cat where i dont and i got a turbo inlet 3 port ebcs and nates tune his is just running a cobb tune havent got to line them and see if im making numbers where it counts tho.

The fact that both numbers are low just means that the dyno reads low. The best way to use a dyno is not to even look at the numbers, just the before and after curves.

yea i understand that ot was just kind of a shocker when i seen 266ftlbs when everyone else is up over 300ftlb with the same mods, really makes me wonder what the sti would make on a diff dyno that he has up around 570hp 590ftlbs on his dyno lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.