Subaru WRX Forum banner

TP stage 3 dyno

6K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  Methodical4u 
#1 ·
DW65c FP, PW TMIC, TXS DP, AEM CAI, GS 3 port

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I noticed that which is why I was wondering if it was the BPV, I can still hear that fluttering sound. I don't know... at some point when money is plentiful (yeah right) maybe i'll get a protune, but if this dyno is actually pretty on par with a dynojet, how much more power would I really gain for 500.00? Probably not even worth it.

#4 ·
Methodical4u said:
I noticed that which is why I was wondering if it was the BPV, I can still hear that fluttering sound. I don't know... at some point when money is plentiful (yeah right) maybe i'll get a protune, but if this dyno is actually pretty on par with a dynojet, how much more power would I really gain for 500.00? Probably not even worth it.
The sound is likely just wastegate flutter. Eric's ok with that oscillation?

#6 ·
Methodical4u said:
He didn't say anything about it, he's just looking at the logs, maybe he can see it is the WG and doesn't think it's a big deal? IDK.
The flutter has nothing to do with the oscillation. I wouldn't leave an oscillation like that. As a customer, you should ask him to fix it. It's not like a .5PSI variance, it dips 2PSI / 1PSI; the boost tables need to be reworked.

How do the part-throttle logs look?

#10 ·
Methodical4u said:
These were all WOT pulls... I don't know about the part throttle ones
A dyno plot needs to be WOT. Have you not been sending him part-throttle logs, as well? I'm assuming you don't drive WOT everywhere you go.

Methodical4u said:
He just sent me a touched up map...
Good

#14 ·
im waiting on my pw tmic and ebc from rsd and will being going "stage3" . cant wait. im currently tp stage 2 k&n intake, cobb dp, nameless 5". if you went from stage 2 how does it feel?

#19 ·
The difference for me is that getting on it in second on stage 2 is that it felt like it would easily break all 4 wheels loose... now it feels like it will rip them completely off. 5th gear pull from say 50 or so is much stronger and no need to really downshift to pass or anything... you can definitely feel the added power. A custom tune I think would add a lot to the set-up, but i'm not quite finished, so i'm going to save the custom tune until i'm completely finished.

#15 ·
Methodical, are you running 91 or 93 octane fuel? 370 is an impressive torque number. I just put my Perrin TMIC on yesterday and I'm waiting for my ebcs to get here so I can flash over to the TP stage 3.5 map. Sadly there's no 93 in CO.....

#18 · (Edited)
We still have 93 in Md ... supposedly soon everywhere it's going to be 91 though. The 370 was not the end result number... unfortunately he tuned it down a bit... I didn't ask why, but the guy just tunes Subaru's all day long so I assume he had his reasons. End numbers were 329/343.

#22 ·
nice. im pissed i should be putting on the parts right now. i ordered my stuff a week ago, also ordered some brake upgrades and the pads were out of stock. so instead of shipping them seperate they held my order,awesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.