Cobb Maps - Do They Raise Rev Limiter? (09+)

This is a discussion on Cobb Maps - Do They Raise Rev Limiter? (09+) within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I read this on Cobb's map notes: Boost Targets: ~17.5psi peak boost pressure tapering down to ~13.0psi by the 7000RPM ...

Cobb Maps - Do They Raise Rev Limiter? (09+)

I read this on Cobb's map notes:

Boost Targets: ~17.5psi peak boost pressure tapering down to ~13.0psi by the 7000RPM redline, +/- 1.0psi

Is this saying that the rev limiter is raised to 7k rpm? Does anyone on here take their car that high? Has anyone compared using stock redline to 7k to see if its faster - say in a 1/4 mile? Obviously it must be harder on your engine though..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    How did I never know they lowered the rev limiter? Rev limiter on my 02 was 7200rpm from the factory..

As far as 1/4 mile speeds, if you're running a stockish sized turbo you should get better times shifting between 6000 and 6500rpm than reving it out to 7000 (unless you just need to stretch that last gear before you cross the line). The turbo is simply too small to continue making worth while power after about 6000 rpm.

Very interesting that the limiter would be so much higher on the 02s...09+ its only at 6500...isn't the turbo on the 09+ also bigger though? Not sure if its big enough to make power in the higher bands, but it is bigger...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, the 09+ WRX has the same size turbo as 04+ STi. It's bigger than the td04 found in 02-08 WRX, but it's still not big enough to hold power to redline on a 2.5L engine.