stage one road test (torqued performance)

This is a discussion on stage one road test (torqued performance) within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bzhn...1pQWQwRmM/edit https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bzhn...FsemRvSEk/edit https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bzhn...1DTE1QX3c/edit just a couple runs what do you guys think?...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Last edited by beano445; 01-16-2013 at 03:00 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    You need to log different parameters...

Get rid of anything AFR-related, IAT, MAFv, and Vehicle Speed. Is there a non 4-byte version of FBKC?

Add a Target Boost column, as well.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    You need to log different parameters...

Get rid of anything AFR-related, IAT, MAFv, and Vehicle Speed. Is there a non 4-byte version of FBKC?

Add a Target Boost column, as well.
    I'm waiting on my Tactrix then I'll be flashing a TP map as well. It looks like he logged everything that the instructions says too. Besides the target boost is there anything else that should be logged? Any reason to remove useless things as you requested? I figured there could never be too many things logged (you could always cut out the bs). Does logging too much affect accuracy or frequency of the logs or something?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rquinn19
    I'm waiting on my Tactrix then I'll be flashing a TP map as well. It looks like he logged everything that the instructions says too. Besides the target boost is there anything else that should be logged? Any reason to remove useless things as you requested? I figured there could never be too many things logged (you could always cut out the bs). Does logging too much affect accuracy or frequency of the logs or something?
    Fewer parameters = better resolution. You only have so much bandwidth, don't waste it with information you don't really need. There's no "one size fits all" set of parameters that you log for tuning; you adjust the logs based on what you're looking to see. I have my own general parameters I log (and ask people to log) when I'm tuning that give an overall view, but it will vary depending on what feedback I'm looking for.

The reason I suggested removing things varies...
    AFR: In OL fueling (WOT pulls), the AFR readings are essentially meaningless, since there isn't feedback from the Front O2 and the Front O2 is limited in what it can read. This is needed on the cruise / low-load / partial throttle sections of the map, but not WOT.
    IAT: Once you check IAT during cruise (so you know what it was), I wouldn't worry about it again
    MAFv: You're not going to max the MAF on a S1 tune. You've logged it once, leave it be
    Vehicle Speed: There's nothing in the map parameters that have anything to do with this
    Last edited by EJ257; 01-16-2013 at 04:34 PM.

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Fewer parameters = better resolution. You only have so much bandwidth, don't waste it with information you don't really need. There's no "one size fits all" set of parameters that you log for tuning; you adjust the logs based on what you're looking to see. I have my own general parameters I log (and ask people to log) when I'm tuning that give an overall view, but it will vary depending on what feedback I'm looking for.

The reason I suggested removing things varies...
    AFR: In OL fueling (WOT pulls), the AFR readings are essentially meaningless, since there isn't feedback from the Front O2 and the Front O2 is limited in what it can read. This is needed on the cruise / low-load / partial throttle sections of the map, but not WOT.
    IAT: Once you check IAT during cruise (so you know what it was), I wouldn't worry about it again
    MAFv: You're not going to max the MAF on a S1 tune. You've logged it once, leave it be
    Vehicle Speed: There's nothing in the map parameters that have anything to do with this
    Thanks for the quick response. Makes sense.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rquinn19 View Post
    I figured there could never be too many things logged (you could always cut out the bs). Does logging too much affect accuracy or frequency of the logs or something?

Yup.. the fewer perameters the more information you get. The OBDII port can only transfer so much data at once, so if you load it up with a ton of stuff the polling rate drops.

ok thanks for the help il have to make another run tmw

what would be a good list of parameters to log?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by beano445
    what would be a good list of parameters to log?
    What you have, less what I told you to remove, and the addition of the parameter I told you to include.

UNYSOC