2013 WRX Stage 1 Datalog

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX Stage 1 Datalog within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&output=html Can someone take a look at this log and tell me if looks good or if I need to ...

2013 WRX Stage 1 Datalog

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&output=html

Can someone take a look at this log and tell me if looks good or if I need to log anything else? Had to stop just shy of 6k RPM's, ran out of road.
    Last edited by Sub_Par; 01-13-2013 at 02:31 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User xcelerated010026's Avatar
    I haven't had a chance to datalog mine(same year), I'm interested to see how close mine results will be to yours. What'd you thing of the difference? I was pretty impressed cant wait to add a few bolt on now!

Well its hard to say I'm coming off a Civic Hatchback that I turbo'd with 309whp in a 2500LB car so that was pretty fast, this is definitely a noticable increase but not anything crazy. The car should have come this way to begin with, its nice and even smooth power all throught powerband and shifting is improved and doesn't feel as rough. I was thinking of adding an AEM intake but I like the stock quietness. We'll see how bad the mod bug hits me, I originally said no to AP and that only lasted a month haha.
    Last edited by Sub_Par; 01-13-2013 at 05:11 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's nice to see a more concise datalog, for a change. Usually, people log too many parameters. In the future, I'd skip the AF Learning for WOT pulls, as Cobb apparently disables it in OL fueling.

The car appears to like the map @ WOT. Hits peak boost ~4K RPMs (about where I'd expect on a S1 map), and isn't knocking. I'd be curious to see a log with the rest of the RPM range, but as of now, it's good. How does partial throttle look?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks fine,although Cobb's datalogging feature is lacking sampling rate.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey
    Looks fine,although Cobb's datalogging feature is lacking sampling rate.
    Agreed. The "fast polling" option implemented in Romraider is pretty nice. I wonder if Bill will be able to implement that, now that he's working for the Dark Side...

UNYSOC

Well did another pull on my way to the store, looks about the same as the first. Ambient temp was 55 (weird in the middle of january in my area). EJ257 I'll try to do a partial throttle log, as for now I was just getting used to logging. I did drive for a bit with the AFR showing live data, but I wouldn't think these cars have a wideband O2 so IDK how accurate those numbers are. It feels good the small amount of driving I've done on this map and I'll be curious to see how the map reacts when the temps drop again. I was very very suprised though to see no knock and how well everything looked with an off the shelf map, its like they wrote that tune on my car.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2pjTHNsRkVOVWc

I Support ClubWRX
    New one looks fine, as well. Still not all the way to redline, but you're into the 13s with boost, so I'm sure it's fine.

UNYSOC

Yea it's tough to get to redline where I was, don't want a ticket or to hit someone. But I'm glad it all looks good just reaffirms my purchase. Like I said though as the temps drop I'm gonna keep an eye on it. How do these cars usually react to cold temps, will they run leaner in boost or over boost, or will the ecu be able to adjust for it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub_Par
    Yea it's tough to get to redline where I was, don't want a ticket or to hit someone. But I'm glad it all looks good just reaffirms my purchase. Like I said though as the temps drop I'm gonna keep an eye on it. How do these cars usually react to cold temps, will they run leaner in boost or over boost, or will the ecu be able to adjust for it?
    There are IAT compensation tables. However, IAT is measured at the MAF sensor, so it's not ideal. Cobb does a pretty good job, overall, with their maps in terms of making a safe base for most cars. Your datalogs show that your car takes it well. I wouldn't worry about it, but logging will tell you.

With traffic and road conditions, logging in the wintertime is tough. I'm lucky enough to live far enough out in the boonies to only deal with road conditions.

UNYSOC

If the car wasn't accepting the map, what numbers on the datalog would be different and what would they read? Also, what is "knock"?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Agreed. The "fast polling" option implemented in Romraider is pretty nice. I wonder if Bill will be able to implement that, now that he's working for the Dark Side...
    Kind of surprised they haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAmbush View Post
    If the car wasn't accepting the map, what numbers on the datalog would be different and what would they read? Also, what is "knock"?
    The DAM,FLKC or FBKC numbers would be different. Knock is detonation.
    Engine knocking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Registered User xcelerated010026's Avatar
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VRwU0lXbkZIRUE

Not to hijack your thread but here's my data log from this morning (for comparison) 2013 wrx with stage 1 ap on 93octane map standard waste gate setting. temp about was about 30F outside. I'd also appreciate any feedback.