Accessport stage 1
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Accessport stage 1 within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Here is problem. First I will admit I'm learning but this is my first wrx, first turbo vehicle, and I ...

Accessport stage 1

Here is problem. First I will admit I'm learning but this is my first wrx, first turbo vehicle, and I don't know much about them but as I said I'm researching and learning everyday. I have an 05 wrx sedan that I bought about a month ago as far as I can tell it has SPT intake manual boost control and a Cobb cat back exhaust. I just got a Cobb accessport and installed the 91 octane stage 1 map and it ran like crap I didnt have any day light left so I set it back to stock but what should I be looking for as to why that would make my car run like crap. It bogged down real bad around 3500-4000 rpms and lost power could it be a boost problem? like I said I ran out of time so I didnt check anything just kind of wondering what I shoukd be checking when I do have the time to play around. Also i have a catless downpipe, not installed, should I just wait until I have all day and install the dp and go to stage 2 then workout the kinks? thank you in advanced for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My sight is on the manual boost controller... No bueno.

So best bet mess around with it or lose it all together

I wouldn't even mess with it. Do you know how much boost you're running at the moment?

The stock solenoid is a good route to go and necessary for a COBB maps.
    But since you have a 2005...
    Sell the damn AccessPort and do a little research in OpenSource tuning via VagCom(Not Tactrix) cable.
    Buy a EBCS(Grimmspeed, GM or whatever) and go with an protune or XPT tune.

For the record I was never crazy about the boost controller because there is no boost guage so I dont know what its doing i know I can monitor it with the AP the problem with that now is that due to my ridiculous insurance rates I have snapshot now so my obdII plug is occupied and I can't drive arond with the AP plugged in except for short periods at a time

IF you have a cobb AP and running stage 1 map with an SPT intake, It will run way to rich...
    I did that with my 04 wrx it drove amazing but it wasn't good for the car.
    YOu need to get it tuned for it.
    Better off buying a Cobb Intake for the AP it'll be cheaper that way. I have a custom map for my SPT intake
    I would flash it back to stock, Put the down pipe on, and get a custom map for it. That's me though

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    None of Cobb's off the shelf maps are made to work with aftermarket boost controllers. It could potentially kill your engine, so I would be weary of that.

Well I dont want to kill my engine I'm trying to save it if the boost controller is potentially damaging my turbo or engine consider it gone, and thanks everyone for the input.

Replace with a stock boost control solenoid then revisit the tune.

Check the downpipe as well just to be sure you don't have a TBE as opposed to just a CBE.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

thank you mikie13 and I just assume its got a catback exhaust because it has a Cobb exhaust and it had a Cobb catless downpipe in the trunk so i figured they removed it for the dealer had to and put the factory downpipe back on

Ahhhh DP in the trunk...interesting. Put it on, flash Stage 2, after you get rid of the MBC!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

thats the plan for this weekend

Sounds like a good plan... and be sure to log it and post up the log so we can make sure it is running right and safe to drive.

So does anyone know where I can find an inexpensive boost control solenoid I was searching and can only find aftermarket versions is there another name for it? can I just go to my local dealer and pick one up? Again I'm sorry for the newbie questions but I am a newbie and would rather ask stupid questions than mess something up

I'd call the dealership parts department and ask about stock and pricing. Also might try searching nasioc clasafides..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.