Accessport stage 1 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Accessport stage 1 within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just an update I changed the downpipe and stage 2 flash but had the exact same reaction as before I ...

Just an update I changed the downpipe and stage 2 flash but had the exact same reaction as before I have a stock ebcs purchased and should be on the way soon in the meantime I went back to stock ecu and it seems to be running decent I also noticed while I was under the car removing the downpipe that the uppipe is catless which makes me wonder if the previous owner had any kind of tuning done

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

a catless uppipe doesnt need any tuning. you should actually thank the previous owner for saving you a boatload of work and a lot of banged up knuckles

^^^^very true I've found the turbo back Cobb exhaust catless uppipe Cobb short throw shifter turbo xs fuel rails the manual boost controller and an spt intake, maybe I should just forget about the accessport and sell it and get a pro dyno tune it would probably be way more beneficial

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    ^^^^very true I've found the turbo back Cobb exhaust catless uppipe Cobb short throw shifter turbo xs fuel rails the manual boost controller and an spt intake, maybe I should just forget about the accessport and sell it and get a pro dyno tune it would probably be way more beneficial

All of that stuff requires a custom tune, which makes an AP virtually useless.. unless your tuner only does AP tunes.

Unfortunately MainFrame I do understand that but at least I figured out why the stage 1 or stage 2 map doesnt work

And here's another one that should look into the open sorce... And I'm almost sure Eric with TP would be able to help and at a reasonable cost.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Who is Eric with TP? and i've been looking into open source but not sure where to start, but not extensively so I know search the forums before anyone yells at me. I didnt realize before I got the accessport how stock your vehicle has to be, live and learn I guess, I think protune is what I'm going to do I know there are a couple of good places fairly close to me then I will really look into open source for future performance mods I may do

Yeah, I would look for a local Subaru performance shop with a good reputation and ask if they do Open Source tuning. You could talk to Eric at Torqued Performance for getting an e-tune, but you would need to purchase a Tactrix cable, and even then you would only be getting a tweaked base map. A real tune for your specific car is where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Yeah, I would look for a local Subaru performance shop with a good reputation and ask if they do Open Source tuning. You could talk to Eric at Torqued Performance for getting an e-tune, but you would need to purchase a Tactrix cable, and even then you would only be getting a tweaked base map. A real tune for your specific car is where it's at.
    Tried it. Erik won't do an e-tune with older models ='(
    Too many unknown variables due to age of car.

Yeah, he only does 08+.. for some reason I was thinking the OP had a newish car.

There are plenty of other people that do quality e-tunes. Either Phatron or Keith @ AWDTuning would have no problem doing it. Hell, Matt (EJ257) might even do it.. but it's a lot easier to get a more comprehensive tune in person.

I knew it, but somehow disregarded that Torqued Performance does only 08+. The opensource is still a valid option for logging and generally seeing what's going on. And a lot cheaper than AP. Not as flashy/pretty, but hey... And nowadays most people have a laptop (doesn't have to be fancy, after all.) An individual tune is certainly a good way, it would after all be specific for the car in question.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.