Service Program WQC-39 (Engine Control Module Reprogramming)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Service Program WQC-39 (Engine Control Module Reprogramming) within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; for those 2011 & 2012s registered in the states of CA,CT,MA,MD,ME,NJ,NY,OR,PA,RI,VT,WA.. you probably received a recall or service update letter ...

Service Program WQC-39 (Engine Control Module Reprogramming)

for those 2011 & 2012s registered in the states of CA,CT,MA,MD,ME,NJ,NY,OR,PA,RI,VT,WA.. you probably received a recall or service update letter for the ECM. If you like me, have a protune good luck with Subuaru applying the update as 1) they said this voided warranty and 2) they can't access the ECU to apply the update because of the aftermarket tuning..

Just wondering how this will all play out for CA registration next year as the notice mentions, "without this repair, you will not be able to register your vehicle during your next annual registration"

http://www.wqc39.service-campaign.com/ for more info

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Didn't you flash back to the stock map before you took it in for the new stock map?

Edit*** Okay, I did not see that you had a protune.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

yup.. even worst in my case.

Yeah, I was wondering about this. I have COBB's stage 1 map, so I can easily flash back to stock for the recall, but I wanted to know whether it would be canceled out when I flashed back to stage 1. Perhaps that's a question for COBB. Maybe they'll update the map to include the Subaru re-programming.

But, if you've modified your car, flashing back to stock for the recall might not be an option for you if it's gonna damage the car.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Can't a tuner re-apply a stock map? If the accessport can download and save a stock ECU map why can't a tuner do the same?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering about this. I have COBB's stage 1 map, so I can easily flash back to stock for the recall, but I wanted to know whether it would be canceled out when I flashed back to stage 1. Perhaps that's a question for COBB. Maybe they'll update the map to include the Subaru re-programming.

But, if you've modified your car, flashing back to stock for the recall might not be an option for you if it's gonna damage the car.
    If you unmarry the accessport before taking it to the dealer then when you get the car back with the new Subaru map you just remarry it and it will save the new map.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    If you unmarry the accessport before taking it to the dealer then when you get the car back with the new Subaru map you just remarry it and it will save the new map.
    Yes, thank you. What I meant was, won't whatever benefit Subaru's new mapping contains be lost when I flash back to COBB's stage 1 map?

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Yes, thank you. What I meant was, won't whatever benefit Subaru's new mapping contains be lost when I flash back to COBB's stage 1 map?

I believe what he meant by that is, cobb will save the map that is on the car last before you load stage 1 or 2. So ya, it should save the update.

Haha, no I meant that Subaru's remapping isn't doing anything at all while I'm running a COBB map. Right? So, unless you're running the stock map, Subaru's recall is of no benefit, if I understand correctly. But you can't register your car next year without it.

Do we think this recall is actually to make an improvement or simply to enable the dealers to see who's running a modified map in order to deny warranty claims in the future?

Yeah I don't think the recall mapping will do anything after your reload the Cobb map, so the only benefit I see is it'll allow you to register your car in CA going forward.. even if you reload the Cobb map afterwards. I doubt the recall is to see who's running a modded map as this recall goes for other subie models.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    Can't a tuner re-apply a stock map? If the accessport can download and save a stock ECU map why can't a tuner do the same?
    I'll check with Auto Headquarters here in the Bay Area -- their tuner I used only comes a few times a year from Japan. Or maybe another tuner might be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by patericK View Post
    I doubt the recall is to see who's running a modded map as this recall goes for other subie models.
    Oh, good to hear. In that case I'm less suspicious

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I wonder what issue the update is supposed to address?

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    I wonder what issue the update is supposed to address?
    I believe the dummy lights isn't coming on when the engine coolant gets too hot. A buddy of mine has a 2012 impreza that he just took to the dealership for this update.
    "Subaru has developed a modification to the Engine Control Module software to improve the monitoring parameters within the On-Board Diagnostic (OBDII) system for the engine coolant thermostat. This correction ensures that should there be an abnormal condition (i.e., the engine coolant does not reach or maintain the proper operating temperature), the “check engine light” will illuminate. The proper illumination of the “check engine light” is needed to alert you that corrective action may be required."

I Support ClubWRX
    Has anyone with an AP tune flashed back to stock and had this new map applied yet? Just curious if anyone is having any issues re-flashing after the update. Thanks!

Sooo....2013 exempt possibly?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast