Getting tuned , Dynamic advance stays at 0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Getting tuned , Dynamic advance stays at 0 within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm trying to get my car tuned . And the dynamic advance is staying at 0 . The logs are ...

I'm trying to get my car tuned . And the dynamic advance is staying at 0 . The logs are showing no knock or timing being pulled . The dynamic advance multiplier is at 1.0 . AFR is threw the roof . I dont think I've got a vacuum/boost leak as ive searched and searched . and i dont lose boost at WOT but I don't think that's what's causing the DA to stay at 0. Driving around normally it runs just fine . Start up is fine , idle is normal , AFR driving around town stays bout 14.7 . I have no idea where to even begin looking . It seems like the car is stuck in closed loop fueling or is there something else .. Timing is spot on , car has new plugs , no CEL's . I'm totally lost ! I just want my car to run right . I'm using an accesport to have it tuned also .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"AFR is threw the roof" What does that mean?
    You wont loose boost with a post maf vacuum leak but might be draw in more air causing you to knock.... but...
    Wait, is it at 1.0 or 0? I'm a little confused with your post.

My AFR gets up to 20:1 at wot . The DAM is at 1.0 , the dynamic advance or ignition advice does not move or pass 0. Feedback knock and fine knock learn are at 0

Need Donkey, Zax, Heide, or EJ257 in here to tell for sure...

I just know that AFR is not good. That is INCREDIBLY lean which could melt internals easily.

Need the basics first: What car is it, what mods, etc? Who's the tuner?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

06 Sti , CP pistons , VF43 turbo , 07 sti cams , TBE , TGV deletes . Aem intake , cobb accesport , being tuned by infamous tuning .

Stock injectors? Sounds like something is wrong with the fueling. Is your MAF plugged in correctly?

And just wondering, why did you put in 07 STI cams?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Yes injectors are stock , the cams are hollow and have a diff lift I think it was , since u mentioned fuel , my car does run like crap when I'm low on fuel . My injector duty cycle was at about 40% during my WOT log . Possibly pump going out ? Or do I need to dig deeper as in injectors ?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by v6mx6ls36 View Post
    My injector duty cycle was at about 40% during my WOT log . Possibly pump going out ?
    No. If you are only seeing 40% duty cycle then the ECU is not adding fuel. Looking at the airflow G/S and the MAF voltage will tell you exactly whats happening. I suspect either a faulty MAF,a preturbo/post MAF air leak or the injector/MAF scaling is wrong. Post the datalog.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Ok I'll swap out MAF with a buddy , search for a leak again , I don't think it was the scaling as I was getting the same issue with cobbs ots maps

Also...check fuel filter. A lot of 06 and 07s are at the point now where if the fuel filter had never been changed out, it could be severely clogged.

You talking bout that Lil bag in the fuel tank I presume ? The white one

How do I post the log on here

Quote Originally Posted by v6mx6ls36 View Post
    How do I post the log on here
    Put it in google docs, make it public, and put up the link.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

thanks

Put it in google docs, make it public, and put up the link.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.