feedback knock after spark plug change?

This is a discussion on feedback knock after spark plug change? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi guys ive been running this map for along time now because i was getting no knnock etc etc today ...

feedback knock after spark plug change?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LearningView_SS_15-12-2012 6 29 44 PM.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	110366hi guys ive been running this map for along time now because i was getting no knnock etc etc today i went one step colder and changed the plugs bkr7eix-11 (i had to take the battery out) i done a 3rd gear pull and now im seeing feedback knock correction but learning veiw tells me im all good

should i start pulling timing? btw i have nevver understood timing if i saw knock and lets say i want to get rid of it, and the knock is happening at 4500rpm at 1.05 load do i change that cell to a higher or lower number? i get confused :P here is a log, my map was etuned but i have modified it due to new parts eg intake injectors but ive never really had to touch timing everything elese i understand ive read and read about timing but its hard lol

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...PMWpkbGc#gid=0

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

oh and its maf hacked

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sxcrxy View Post
    btw i have nevver understood timing if i saw knock and lets say i want to get rid of it, and the knock is happening at 4500rpm at 1.05 load do i change that cell to a higher or lower number? i get confused :P here is a log, my map was etuned but i have modified it due to new parts eg intake injectors but ive never really had to touch timing everything elese i understand ive read and read about timing but its hard lol
    Honestly if you don't understand this you really shouldn't be tuning your own car. The remedy to this issue is as basic as it gets. You reduce or "retard" the timing if you confirm that you are getting knock. One log doesn't not necessarily confirm knock unless the numbers are insanely high. I generally will run several logs and compare if the knock is happening in the same are and if it is clustered and not just several separate events. Anything 2 degrees and under I don't even really worry about unless it's in a clustered event and even after a fuel refill it still exists. Then,depending on how your timing compensations are set up,you need to decide what table you will use to remove the timing after knock is verified. I wouldn't remove timing from my base table in the middle of summer or dead of winter due to where I am located. I would use my timing comp per IAT after I have verified my AFR is still correct and that I am not spiking or overboosting and causing the knock.
    A Complete Tuning Guide - NASIOC
    Last edited by Donkey; 12-16-2012 at 05:16 PM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

^^ If I kill you an eat your brain, will I have your tuning knowledge?

Until then, back to them books.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Honestly if you don't understand this you really shouldn't be tuning your own car. The remedy to this issue is as basic as it gets. You reduce or "retard" the timing if you confirm that you are getting knock. One log doesn't not necessarily confirm knock unless the numbers are insanely high. I generally will run several logs and compare if the knock is happening in the same are and if it is clustered and not just several separate events. Anything 2 degrees and under I don't even really worry about unless it's in a clustered event and even after a fuel refill it still exists. Then,depending on how your timing compensations are set up,you need to decide what table you will use to remove the timing after knock is verified. I wouldn't remove timing from my base table in the middle of summer or dead of winter due to where I am located. I would use my timing comp per IAT after I have verified my AFR is still correct and that I am not spiking or overboosting and causing the knock.
    A Complete Tuning Guide - NASIOC
    lol at uedean ahaha but on a serious note it was a hot day i did tune the car in winter but i ran more than one log and it was the same i richened the mixture up abit not seeing as much, this is a learning step for me donkey if my car blows (hope not) well i geuus its time for a 2.5 sti swap :P

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sxcrxy View Post
    note it was a hot day i did tune the car in winter but i ran more than one log
    I would remove 1 degree of timing from the timing per IAT comp map around the IAT that day and higher,then relog.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    ^^ If I kill you an eat your brain, will I have your tuning knowledge?

Until then, back to them books.
    The books do help but I also for years and years was spending hours a day on Romraider reading,reading and reading.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S