Looks like I'm not goin stage 2 so quickly...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looks like I'm not goin stage 2 so quickly... within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I went to upload the stage 2 maps to my AP, and it froze on the Updating screen. I ...

Looks like I'm not goin stage 2 so quickly...

So I went to upload the stage 2 maps to my AP, and it froze on the Updating screen. I contacted the vendor I got it from (also a buddy of mine) and he said his AP crapped out on him too, he had to send it to Cobb and they overnighted him a new one. This bothers me. 1. The Ap is married to my car, idk much and I hope its by-passable (it has to be, i just don't know much). 2. Will I have problems getting a new one without charge. 3. If I get a new one who's to say this won't happen again!

Help and input please! Am I the first here to have this happen?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    first, how long has it been frozen?

If you are sure it is really stuck, what happens if you unplug and replug it into the USB on your computer?
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Should have gone opensource.... just sayin'

My accessport did the same thing. But, I've already been flashed with it, so I guess I'm not worried about it until I do a mod that needs a tune. Let me know how this goes for ya

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    first, how long has it been frozen?

If you are sure it is really stuck, what happens if you unplug and replug it into the USB on your computer?
    At this point its been frozen for about 12 hours. If I unplug and plug it back in it will boot up like normal, the screen that says accessport then the screen with the pic of the subi, then rather then going to the selection of categories, it goes right to the "updating..." screen. When I plug it into my car, the same things happen. it boots up, after booting up it goes right to updating screen and no buttons can get it off that screen lmao. looks like I'll be calling cobb today.

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    As stated in earlier posts, I'm not very knowledgeable on cars, I'm really just starting to understand them and some aspects I still have no idea about. Opensource sounded inferior to Cobb when I was researching. The fact that i have an interactive programmer is alot more suited for my needs. I still have no gauges and sometimes use the AP as a gauge, depending on what i want to see.

I plan on flashing the cobb stage 2 map, then waiting for more mods to go get a protune

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    yup!
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    As stated in earlier posts, I'm not very knowledgeable on cars, I'm really just starting to understand them and some aspects I still have no idea about. Opensource sounded inferior to Cobb when I was researching. The fact that i have an interactive programmer is alot more suited for my needs. I still have no gauges and sometimes use the AP as a gauge, depending on what i want to see.

I plan on flashing the cobb stage 2 map, then waiting for more mods to go get a protune

It's like building your first computer... you can go to best buy and buy one if you want it will work and you wont spend much more. But when you build the computer at first you fill a little intimidated in the research stage, what goes with what, what plugs where... but by the time you finish you have a new understanding of what is going on. Same goes with Open Source... you will spend hours reading making sure you know whats going on, but by the time you finish now you understand of how everything works.

For a first time user i would recommend buying an OTS tune and working from there, it pretty much loads like an AP. as for the gauges you want do so bad buy a OBD2 Bluetooth plug and get an app for your phone or tablet. looks cleaner than the AP. For the price paid on the AP you can get all that and still have money left over. I don't get why they don't redesign the AP? you are paying $500-$600 for $10 worth of hardware and software (software is free on the internet OS).
    2011 Sportwagon TDi

Quote Originally Posted by wrx1234 View Post
    It's like building your first computer... you can go to best buy and buy one if you want it will work and you wont spend much more. But when you build the computer at first you fill a little intimidated in the research stage, what goes with what, what plugs where... but by the time you finish you have a new understanding of what is going on. Same goes with Open Source... you will spend hours reading making sure you know whats going on, but by the time you finish now you understand of how everything works.

For a first time user i would recommend buying an OTS tune and working from there, it pretty much loads like an AP. as for the gauges you want do so bad buy a OBD2 Bluetooth plug and get an app for your phone or tablet. looks cleaner than the AP. For the price paid on the AP you can get all that and still have money left over. I don't get why they don't redesign the AP? you are paying $500-$600 for $10 worth of hardware and software (software is free on the internet OS).
    as far as I know they don't offer an app for the IPhone.

search "OBD2", "OBD", "OBDII"... there are a few for android which means there are more for the iPhone.
    2011 Sportwagon TDi

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx1234
    I don't get why they don't redesign the AP? you are paying $500-$600 for $10 worth of hardware and software (software is free on the internet OS).
    Incorrect. You're paying for a reflash device and the IP of their base maps.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.