AccessPort Help please.

This is a discussion on AccessPort Help please. within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So, I now will be getting an high-flow catted downpipe, and now would like to examine the launch control the ...

AccessPort Help please.

So, I now will be getting an high-flow catted downpipe, and now would like to examine the launch control the cobb AP offers. How.ever I'm unsure on how to set it. I did some browsing on the cobb site and couldn't find out were instructions where on how to set it up. Help please!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When i had an AP for my 09 they didn't have launch control... 09+ are pretty much the same mechanically. Might have changed that was 3 years go.
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

Read their tutorial at http://www.accessecu.com/support/doc...LC-FFS_FAQ.pdf

FYI, I tried this on my '09. I set the launch RPM to 3000 for the first test. It took off way faster than I had been able to do by manually revving up and letting out the clutch.

For the second test, I set the launch RPM to 4000. It took off like it was shot out of a cannon !! The only problem was, it was obviously very hard on the clutch, as it smelled for awhile, and did not feel right for about a week.

Based on this, I will not be using the launch control again, as it is very hard on the clutch and transmission. I need my car as a daily driver, so I will be content with my own launches, so it will live to drive again !!!

I hope to get an Exedy clutch next spring, and I will try the launch control again with the stronger clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo058 View Post
    Read their tutorial at http://www.accessecu.com/support/doc...LC-FFS_FAQ.pdf

FYI, I tried this on my '09. I set the launch RPM to 3000 for the first test. It took off way faster than I had been able to do by manually revving up and letting out the clutch.

For the second test, I set the launch RPM to 4000. It took off like it was shot out of a cannon !! The only problem was, it was obviously very hard on the clutch, as it smelled for awhile, and did not feel right for about a week.

Based on this, I will not be using the launch control again, as it is very hard on the clutch and transmission. I need my car as a daily driver, so I will be content with my own launches, so it will live to drive again !!!

I hope to get an Exedy clutch next spring, and I will try the launch control again with the stronger clutch.
    Honestly, I don't even plan on launching once. I just like how u can hear the exhaust crackle when it hits the rev limiter and I feel like setting it lower then 7.5k is less harsh on the engine. I'll only use it once or twice to hear my new downpipe haha

So i guess they added LC since i sold mine... Open Source tuning better if you ask me. Only cost $200.
    2011 Sportwagon TDi

Quote Originally Posted by wrx1234 View Post
    So i guess they added LC since i sold mine... Open Source tuning better if you ask me. Only cost $200.
    Opensource is best option. But remember, going for as tune after every mod i got isnt really in the books. the AP is nice because I can get to stage 2 before doing a protune, AND it works as many gauges.

They have Bluetooth OBD2 plugs and phone/tablet apps, I always thought the AP looked tacky on the dash. The apps when it comes to gauges are way more capable and look 100 times better.

But the AP is a good solid start, give it 6 months and i bet you will sale it, buy the tactrix cable and the OBD2 plug. If you have a downpipe hit me up and ill email you the stage 2 tune... its a lot better than the cobb one...=).
    2011 Sportwagon TDi

Unless you're consistently tracking, I wouldn't bother anyway. I had it implemented from my AP when I got protuned back on my first STI...and didn't use it once in the 2 further years I had it.

You'll hear your downpipe plenty just when you're giving it some WOT runs, don't worry.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    It's really easy to set the LC, just follow the instructions in the link that jimbo posted. I have never actually used it, I just set it to test it out when I was playing around with all the features on the AP.

And curse all this talk about downpipes, I just got my exhaust done and love the sound but this is making me want a downpipe more and more. I'm going to keep fighting the urge though, I am going to try and wait until the warranty runs out at least. (Fat chance, I'll probably have it installed in the Spring )

I set the LC before, thanks to the link. Thanks for the help, However my AP quit on me just now.... Looks like Cobb's good customer service will be coming in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    I set the LC before, thanks to the link. Thanks for the help, However my AP quit on me just now.... Looks like Cobb's good customer service will be coming in handy.
    Quit??? Whatever you do, don't shut off the car...you could brick the ECU...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Quit??? Whatever you do, don't shut off the car...you could brick the ECU...
    car has been shut on and off a few times since. The accessport froze on the updating screen when i plugged it into my computer to update and load stage 2 map. Cobb claims its a 3.0 USB instead of 2.0

Ohhh so it wasn't plugged into the car then...That's good.

i plugged it into the car after to see if it would come off the updating screen and it was still frozen. I read on a different forum you need to delete a file before you plug it in so you don't overload it with data or something... idk