Is This Really Necessary?

This is a discussion on Is This Really Necessary? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I have an 02 WRX with 4EAT and have been debating Engine Management for quite some time now. I ...

Is This Really Necessary?

So I have an 02 WRX with 4EAT and have been debating Engine Management for quite some time now. I have read all the threads on this forum and all of the comparison threads and then came across someone saying that if you are going to tune a 4EAT, then this should be utilized as well:

RalliTEK 4EAT Transmission Mount Insert

I'm wondering if this is really necessary for going stage 1 on an OTS map? They were claiming that it may be necessary to "handle the extra power you will be putting through the transmission."

This is just contradicting to me since everyone else has stated that all you would need for stage 1 is the EM of your choice and then a tune and then respectively for stage 2, a downpipe, an uppipe, and a tune but this is first time I have heard of this being needed; can anyone shed light on this and / or what is really required for each stage of tune?

Just for info: I have currently a CBE, panel filter, and uppipe.
    '02 WRX Bugeye; Midnight Blue / Black Pearl

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Will it firm up shifts and such? Sure!

Do you need it if you flash stage 1? No!

- Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"