New 2013 WRX owner: stage 1 tune questions - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New 2013 WRX owner: stage 1 tune questions within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Ingo You can do that with the opensource too, just have to lug a cumbersome laptop along... ...

Re: New 2013 WRX owner: stage 1 tune questions

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    You can do that with the opensource too, just have to lug a cumbersome laptop along...
    Or use the money you saved, pick up a cheap Bluetooth obd2 adapter and use Torque on your phone. ;-)

Posted from a fone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    Or use the money you saved, pick up a cheap Bluetooth obd2 adapter and use Torque on your phone. ;-)

Posted from a fone.
    Actually, I just started looking into that. It sounds good to be able to have the phone show me what I want to know, without having cables all over the place, using up all that space, maybe even still have a passenger in the car. Like having a "temporary" gauge just to see what's what. Then remove with no trace left.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmartynyuk View Post
    yeah you would be able to save the original map and flash it when going to the dealer. A good map shouldn't fry your engine as long as there is no mechanical issues, as for warranty they shouldn't be able to tell if you had a different map on there.

Can anyone else verify this? I was under the impression that the dealer would be able to tell if you flashed and then re-flashed it back. I'd love to go Stage 1, but don't want to risk having any warranty claims denied.

I Support ClubWRX

New 2013 WRX owner: stage 1 tune questions

WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I am super interested in doing this for my 2011 WRX Sedan.

Hi everyone, I am a new member. I had the same question as jdoner. I was very happy to see all the positive feedback. I was on another Subaru forum which is intolerable with all the bashing and negative comments for any post. Members here seem great, hopefully my new forum for info and friends.

I am a little confused as to what I actually need to buy in regards to the tactrix "cable". Anyone have a direct link to what I need? I'd just like to look further into going stage 1.

^ do a search (upper right...) for tactrix, opensource, romraider, torque app, Bluetooth... Essentially an adapter (tactrix ~160?) a laptop with opensource software (i.e.Romraider/learningview) (free download and use) connected via usb cable, a little software configuration and that's it. Given that most people have a laptop, all that's needed to buy is the Tactrix adapter. The term cable is a little mis-leading, it's an adapter that plugs into the OBD port under the steering column. That in turn is connected via USB cable to the laptop. A word of caution: this has not worked for some new 12-13 model owners. Not sure if it's a configuration issue or had to do with the latest ECU's. Do your due diligence and research.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by Warbick View Post
    I am a little confused as to what I actually need to buy in regards to the tactrix "cable". Anyone have a direct link to what I need? I'd just like to look further into going stage 1.
    Tactrix Cable...that's it.

You also need a laptop, and to download the free software (RomRaider, ECUFlash)
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.