stage 2 on a '02 wrx

This is a discussion on stage 2 on a '02 wrx within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey so I'm new here and i have a '02 wrx. I have a cold air intake and 3" tbe. ...

stage 2 on a '02 wrx

hey so I'm new here and i have a '02 wrx. I have a cold air intake and 3" tbe. I have not got a tune for it. I am wondering what the increase in hp and tq is likely to be and an average cost to have someone tune it for me. Any information would help cause I'm a noob but looking to learn.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Why don't you have a tune? Car come that way from the previous owner?

Tunes can vary. If you pick up a Cobb Accessport, it can be anywhere from $300 to $600 if you buy vs. used. This is a general off the shelf option that is generally utilized for *any* car similar to yours for stage 1 and stage 2 (and protuning possibilities).

Protune at a tuning shop on a dyno can run anywhere from $300-600 for that session and is the best option for your specific car, specific mods, and environment.

E-tune would require the use of a Tactrix cable and a laptop. A tuner sends you a map...you load it onto your ECU yourself, and run logs. Send logs back to the tuner, and he makes adjustments. Rinse and repeat until you have a good tune for your car. Also better than the accessport since it is more specific to your car and parts.

Generally you can expect 30-50whp over stock depending on dyno, environment, specific parts, and the type of tune.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

nicely done mikie haha.

And we have another Mango!!!!!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Well the guy i bought it from had the exhaust installed by COBB and i don't know if he had it tuned or not. He said it cost him 1100 dollars for the system. Is there a cheap want to tell if my ecu has been tuned?