stage 2 on a '02 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on stage 2 on a '02 wrx within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey so I'm new here and i have a '02 wrx. I have a cold air intake and 3" tbe. ...

stage 2 on a '02 wrx

hey so I'm new here and i have a '02 wrx. I have a cold air intake and 3" tbe. I have not got a tune for it. I am wondering what the increase in hp and tq is likely to be and an average cost to have someone tune it for me. Any information would help cause I'm a noob but looking to learn.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Why don't you have a tune? Car come that way from the previous owner?

Tunes can vary. If you pick up a Cobb Accessport, it can be anywhere from $300 to $600 if you buy vs. used. This is a general off the shelf option that is generally utilized for *any* car similar to yours for stage 1 and stage 2 (and protuning possibilities).

Protune at a tuning shop on a dyno can run anywhere from $300-600 for that session and is the best option for your specific car, specific mods, and environment.

E-tune would require the use of a Tactrix cable and a laptop. A tuner sends you a map...you load it onto your ECU yourself, and run logs. Send logs back to the tuner, and he makes adjustments. Rinse and repeat until you have a good tune for your car. Also better than the accessport since it is more specific to your car and parts.

Generally you can expect 30-50whp over stock depending on dyno, environment, specific parts, and the type of tune.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

nicely done mikie haha.

And we have another Mango!!!!!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Well the guy i bought it from had the exhaust installed by COBB and i don't know if he had it tuned or not. He said it cost him 1100 dollars for the system. Is there a cheap want to tell if my ecu has been tuned?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.