maf hack questions?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on maf hack questions? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi guys so last night i was monitoring my car just gone for a drive the car was pulling like ...

maf hack questions?

hi guys so last night i was monitoring my car just gone for a drive the car was pulling like never before reason being that i finally got everything on the tune right eg no knock, iam is stable, good afrs etc etc

so i did a wot in 3rd for ****s and gigs and geuss what my maf maxed out cel came on maf sensor to high and it hit the 300 g/s 4.72v limit and when it did my afrs got suddnly droped after 6000 from 10.9 - 9.9 at 20psi so now i have to do the maf hack but theres not much info about thisn and yes i have read the thread on the maf hack but i still got a few qeustions

- would i benifit on this hack with a aps 65mm intake or do i need a bigger maf housing? (btw the whole maf has been rescaled)

- what excatly do i multiply my values by 0.5
    maf scailing
    injector scailing and latency
    afr learning
    i know theres more but can someone point em out?

- do i need too raise/change the voltage on the maf scaling? i know the max is 5v but mine is set at 4.72v

- when halving the maf values is there quicer way of doing it? or do i have too half each cell individually?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

ivve already read that but does not answer my questions?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sxcrxy View Post
    ivve already read that but does not answer my questions?
    That thread answers every single one of your questions. Especially the very first post. I would read it again. Look at the value in red. It should be painfully obvious the G/S was changed and not voltage. This is in the very first post.

"As you can see, at 4.96V we're only at 176g/sec. We could effectively increase this to 300g/sec if a bigger MAF housing is fitted. And since we've cut all values by half, this would actually correspond to 600g/sec true value."

If you don't understand exactly whats happening then I don't suggest doing this. You need to slow down and actually absorb the info instead of just briefly skimming it. You half the G/S not the voltage,in the MAF scaling. Any table that has a load reference you need to change. Obviously the timing tables. There are also several tables that have yet to be defined in Romraider/Ecuflash that probably reference load. So this "hack" isn't 100%.

NASIOC - View Single Post - 300g/s workaround - 'hacked' MAF up to 600g/sec or 1200g/sec

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewt...ilit=maf+limit

Also I remember from somewhere there are a few JDM 2.0L 16bit ECU STI's whose MAF scaler is hard coded to 400 g/s instead of the 300 g/s. The G/S are set at 300 g/s in the ROM's just like the 32 bit ECU's but the ROM will allow you to change the value to 400 g/s. Or you can just us the Groupe-N ROM (Carberry) and just run speed density and ditch the MAF altogether. No massive value change needed.
    Last edited by Donkey; 10-11-2012 at 07:40 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

you can't just half maf alone, you gotta half the scalars in your timing tables and afr tables and injector scalar and you would still have the same issue (if you are maxing out to 5v), you need a bigger maf housing.

I Support ClubWRX
    There is no way the MAF is maxing out on a on a big 16g. I hit 24 psi on a 18g and still didn't max out the MAF.
    Last edited by Donkey; 10-11-2012 at 06:07 PM.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    There is no way the MAF is maxing out on a on a big 16g. I hit 24 psi on a 18g and still didn't max out the MAF.
    Hmm i was thinking the same thing and yea i get it now i should have read itbproply but im only running 22psi why is it maxing out ive never had this problem before ?

I Support ClubWRX

maf hack questions?

I'm talking about the voltage not the G/S.

Sent from my magic banana
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    I'm talking about the voltage not the G/S.

Sent from my magic banana
    ive done everything i could for the maf hack went to put the tunee on started it up and then car had lumpy idle sounded cammed my afrs were at 22.4 wouldnt let me rev nothing ill upload the map onto rom raider and if its alright can use tell me what im missing i halved everything under engine load etc etc

RomRaider • View topic - trynnna do the maf hack

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CUFRVYUE#gid=0

here is a log of my car maxing out

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sxcrxy
    He's talking MAFv, not MAF (g/s). You're only hitting 4.72V

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    He's talking MAFv, not MAF (g/s). You're only hitting 4.72V
    So your telling me all i have to do is up my voltage and high input trigger for the cel and i wont run into this problem ?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sxcrxy
    So your telling me all i have to do is up my voltage and high input trigger for the cel and i wont run into this problem ?
    You're not maxing MAFv. Do the MAF hack and you should be fine.

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sxcrxy View Post
    Yes. Rescale the MAF voltage up to 4.96v to utilize the whole range of the sensor and change the CEL value. I apologize. You asked this in your first post And I told you to just change the G/S not realizing you were hitting the CEL/DTC limit.This info should have been contained in the link EJ257 first gave you. Look at the very first post in the thread at his entire MAF scaling that is shown in the code box. It's much faster and easier to rescale the MAF in Ecuflash than it is Romraider.
    Last edited by Donkey; 10-15-2012 at 06:01 AM.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.