WTF Tuning Threads - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WTF Tuning Threads within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; And one more update. This was another 3rd gear pull in sport mode (had the opportunity, had to take it). ...

I Support ClubWRX
    And one more update. This was another 3rd gear pull in sport mode (had the opportunity, had to take it). You can see in this picture the MAF tweaks worked out well - just about perfect. The anti-wind up helped a lot on the boost control issue. I made some minor changes to the boost control PID coefficients (Integral/Proportional) and also lowered the initial duty cycle some (zero for sport mode around peak torque apparently).

I need to bug some people on the RR forums to release a few more definitions related to 'transient fueling'/Tau. I am getting the well known "FMIC Rich Dip" issue.. Kudos to my ECU for hitting what it thinks is best (but not me).

The goods...

Fueling:

Boost:

WGDC & Corrections:

Table Corrections:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Did a pull this morning. I've been messing with some "experimental" definitions on the RomRaider forums to attempt to get that rich dip during spool up taken out. Looks like I am most of the way there (the ECU is no longer demanding too much extra fuel), and I just need to get my MAF scaled up in the correct region.

Of more importance to this thread, I was wondering why I kept overshooting my "target boost" parameter consistently. I found that my target boost was being lowered under my EWG spring pressure somehow. On a hunch, I opened up my Target Boost Compensation (IAT) table, and found the culprit. It has been corrected.

Issue:

Solution:
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Alright Brandon, this is your thread. But if you wish to document the tuning process of my Bugeye from the ground up, let me know
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Alright Brandon, this is your thread. But if you wish to document the tuning process of my Bugeye from the ground up, let me know
    You are more than welcome to. It's kinda hectic organization wise. I'd recommend starting a new thread personally - we can link it from this one. I think one of the mods merged in the DBW (and accompanying boost) stuff.
    2011 STi Build Log

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12