Going Stage 1 Possibly Stage 2 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Going Stage 1 Possibly Stage 2 within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a new question to pose; what about my transmission? I have read some reviews about people's transmissions overheating ...

I have a new question to pose; what about my transmission? I have read some reviews about people's transmissions overheating or clutchpacks going out over electronically tuning the 4EAT without switching over to a full synthetic oil in the tranny. And if you do switch the oil then you could damage your gears. Just having a hard time deciding which way to go with all this?? Thanks for the help again guys.
    '02 WRX Bugeye; Midnight Blue / Black Pearl

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRidesX View Post
    I have a new question to pose; what about my transmission? I have read some reviews about people's transmissions overheating or clutchpacks going out over electronically tuning the 4EAT without switching over to a full synthetic oil in the tranny. And if you do switch the oil then you could damage your gears. Just having a hard time deciding which way to go with all this?? Thanks for the help again guys.
    why would you damage the gears if you switched over? am i missing something? gears in an auto tranny are made out of some type of metal just like gears in a manual tranny, ive never heard of gears in a manual tranny breaking or being damaged because of synthetic lubrication.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmartynyuk View Post
    why would you damage the gears if you switched over? am i missing something? gears in an auto tranny are made out of some type of metal just like gears in a manual tranny, ive never heard of gears in a manual tranny breaking or being damaged because of synthetic lubrication.
    Eh it was some "essay" i read by a tranny guy about someone who replaced the oil but ran the risk of grinding something, probably hoopla at this point.

To all of you: What would you recommend replacing when going stage 2 with a 4EAT? I mean should I worry about anything else besides the obvious, like downpipe of course and the like. Is a TC necessary? Etc?

for a basic stage 2 setup all that is required is a catless uppipe and a catless downpipe+tune, that is the setup I had for about a year, it made about 220whp and 230ish tq in airboy with ambient air temp being in the mid 40s at sealevel @ 18psi. Then I decided to get a gsp turbo inlet, made a custom intake, got a cx racing tmic, and a 3in catback plus walbro 255lph fuel pump because the stock one couldn't provide enough fuel and i would lean out during datalogging. I also decided to use the grimspeed hybrid boost control method using their ebcs and a hallman pro rx mbc. in the same weather conditions I made about 20 more whp and 25 more wtq with about 20-21psi. It all depends on how aggressive you want your stage 2 setup to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmartynyuk View Post
    for a basic stage 2 setup all that is required is a catless uppipe and a catless downpipe+tune, that is the setup I had for about a year, it made about 220whp and 230ish tq in airboy with ambient air temp being in the mid 40s at sealevel @ 18psi. Then I decided to get a gsp turbo inlet, made a custom intake, got a cx racing tmic, and a 3in catback plus walbro 255lph fuel pump because the stock one couldn't provide enough fuel and i would lean out during datalogging. I also decided to use the grimspeed hybrid boost control method using their ebcs and a hallman pro rx mbc. in the same weather conditions I made about 20 more whp and 25 more wtq with about 20-21psi. It all depends on how aggressive you want your stage 2 setup to be.
    Cool thank you, just good to know what I can be expect to changing with the set up.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234