Going Stage 1 Possibly Stage 2 - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Going Stage 1 Possibly Stage 2 within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a new question to pose; what about my transmission? I have read some reviews about people's transmissions overheating ...

I have a new question to pose; what about my transmission? I have read some reviews about people's transmissions overheating or clutchpacks going out over electronically tuning the 4EAT without switching over to a full synthetic oil in the tranny. And if you do switch the oil then you could damage your gears. Just having a hard time deciding which way to go with all this?? Thanks for the help again guys.
    '02 WRX Bugeye; Midnight Blue / Black Pearl

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRidesX View Post
    I have a new question to pose; what about my transmission? I have read some reviews about people's transmissions overheating or clutchpacks going out over electronically tuning the 4EAT without switching over to a full synthetic oil in the tranny. And if you do switch the oil then you could damage your gears. Just having a hard time deciding which way to go with all this?? Thanks for the help again guys.
    why would you damage the gears if you switched over? am i missing something? gears in an auto tranny are made out of some type of metal just like gears in a manual tranny, ive never heard of gears in a manual tranny breaking or being damaged because of synthetic lubrication.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmartynyuk View Post
    why would you damage the gears if you switched over? am i missing something? gears in an auto tranny are made out of some type of metal just like gears in a manual tranny, ive never heard of gears in a manual tranny breaking or being damaged because of synthetic lubrication.
    Eh it was some "essay" i read by a tranny guy about someone who replaced the oil but ran the risk of grinding something, probably hoopla at this point.

To all of you: What would you recommend replacing when going stage 2 with a 4EAT? I mean should I worry about anything else besides the obvious, like downpipe of course and the like. Is a TC necessary? Etc?

for a basic stage 2 setup all that is required is a catless uppipe and a catless downpipe+tune, that is the setup I had for about a year, it made about 220whp and 230ish tq in airboy with ambient air temp being in the mid 40s at sealevel @ 18psi. Then I decided to get a gsp turbo inlet, made a custom intake, got a cx racing tmic, and a 3in catback plus walbro 255lph fuel pump because the stock one couldn't provide enough fuel and i would lean out during datalogging. I also decided to use the grimspeed hybrid boost control method using their ebcs and a hallman pro rx mbc. in the same weather conditions I made about 20 more whp and 25 more wtq with about 20-21psi. It all depends on how aggressive you want your stage 2 setup to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmartynyuk View Post
    for a basic stage 2 setup all that is required is a catless uppipe and a catless downpipe+tune, that is the setup I had for about a year, it made about 220whp and 230ish tq in airboy with ambient air temp being in the mid 40s at sealevel @ 18psi. Then I decided to get a gsp turbo inlet, made a custom intake, got a cx racing tmic, and a 3in catback plus walbro 255lph fuel pump because the stock one couldn't provide enough fuel and i would lean out during datalogging. I also decided to use the grimspeed hybrid boost control method using their ebcs and a hallman pro rx mbc. in the same weather conditions I made about 20 more whp and 25 more wtq with about 20-21psi. It all depends on how aggressive you want your stage 2 setup to be.
    Cool thank you, just good to know what I can be expect to changing with the set up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.