2012 WRX with Torqued Performance Stage-1 Review/Story

This is a discussion on 2012 WRX with Torqued Performance Stage-1 Review/Story within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well I decided to make a review and share my story. I have a 2012 WRX and was really looking ...

Well I decided to make a review and share my story.

I have a 2012 WRX and was really looking for a tune since I heard that the stock tune sucks (All cars IMO)

I was looking for a tuning solution, the very first thing that came up was the Cobb AP, my friend has it and showed me how to use it and how it logs. It’s pretty cool, has its own logging and it’s plug and play.
    The price is $540-$599 new.. I had an 08 civic si before and I bought the FlashPro for $650 so I told myself okay that’s not bad.

So.. after doing more research on ClubWRX and Nasioc “Tactrix” came up and I looked it up its $165!! READING, RESEARCH and PATIENCE Pays off!
    I have a background on using Hondata’s software so I tried RomRaider and ECUFlash. It’s very easy! All you need to remember is “DO NOT WRITE TO ECU” while car is running LOL and save your stock tune!
    Romraider is a pretty good tool for datalogging but I’ll still get myself gauges to be safe.

After trying the software, I looked up base maps. And yeah.. After reading and it’s my first Turbo car I told myself I’ll go find an e-tune for now and mess with tunes later..
    I found this thread Just flashed torquedperformance stage 1 map with tactrix thanks to fickel8 for answering my noob questions.
    Looked up Torqued Perfomance bought their Stage 1 map and I’m pretty happy! Car is so smooth now and faster! Customer Service is just A+!! Eric helps you when need anything about the tune and checks your log without a problem!
    Highly recommended! If I decide to go stage 2 I’ll use TP again.

My Mods:
    Cobb Sf Intake with Airbox
    Nameless Axelback 3.5

Tactrix $165 + TP Stage 1 $85 = $250
    Cobb AP + OTS Maps = $540-$590

If you have any questions or rants please feel free to post

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

from what I heard the TP maps have a good reputation, and an extremely good price. So good choice! I was lucky enough to find an OS stage 2 tune that worked with my car so I didn't need to pick up a new tune, but once I add a couple more goodies I'm certainly going this route. I know I'm not getting the most out of my tune but it's safe for the moment so that's all I care about.

I used cobbs ATR before so going to ECUflash was pretty easy, though they have a lot more parameters then I know how to read so I'll leave that for the professionals.

I bet you'll be going to a stage 2 in no time, the possibility of power is overwhelming!

Quote Originally Posted by speedtown View Post
    from what I heard the TP maps have a good reputation, and an extremely good price. So good choice! I was lucky enough to find an OS stage 2 tune that worked with my car so I didn't need to pick up a new tune, but once I add a couple more goodies I'm certainly going this route. I know I'm not getting the most out of my tune but it's safe for the moment so that's all I care about.

I used cobbs ATR before so going to ECUflash was pretty easy, though they have a lot more parameters then I know how to read so I'll leave that for the professionals.

I bet you'll be going to a stage 2 in no time, the possibility of power is overwhelming!
    YUP That's why I went to buy it from them.
    Honestly I'm happy with what it is right now.. Stage 2 maybe when I get a $100k/yr job haha, I heard issues comes up with Stage 2

YUP That's why I went to buy it from them.
    Honestly I'm happy with what it is right now.. Stage 2 maybe when I get a $100k/yr job haha, I heard issues comes up with Stage 2

problems?? nahhh open up that exhaust and with a good tune it's better for the car than stock for sure!

problems?? nahhh open up that exhaust and with a good tune it's better for the car than stock for sure!
    okay.. give me suggestions... turboback will do it?

Quote Originally Posted by tigastt View Post
    I heard issues comes up with Stage 2
    What issues might that be?

Glad you're liking Stage 1. Eric and TP definitely have a lot of happy customers. He certainly goes above and beyond to make sure everything is tip-top when it comes to providing tuning services.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I spoke to them today as well. Seemed real easy to work with. Look forward to trying the stage 2 map.

yup great CS highly recommended i still talk to Eric afte my last purchase. and still helping me!