WTF Tuning Part 1: Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Logs - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WTF Tuning Part 1: Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Logs within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Subscribed!...

Subscribed!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    I'd rather keep the specifics of that stuff out of this thread a bit.
    Np! Yeah,things could off course quick. I would maybe change the "manifold/boost pressure" parameter to "Manifold Relative Sea Level Pressure (2-byte)" since Romraider has about 6 different manifold reference parameters.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Np! Yeah,things could off course quick. I would maybe change the "manifold/boost pressure" parameter to "Manifold Relative Sea Level Pressure (2-byte)" since Romraider has about 6 different manifold reference parameters.
    I actually have to use the 'Boost Pressure' (4-byte) parameter. For some reason, the Manifold Relative parameter (4-byte) actually maxes out at 18.35 psi or something close. I have always had the luxury of basically unlimited parameters and resolution, however. I didn't see the 2-byte version of the boost pressure parameter.

Do you know what ECU IDs you would recommend using that parameter for Vs. Boost pressure? I will add in to use the 2-byte when possible shortly.

Also, on a similar note... anybody with a Cobb... Please tell me the Cobb version of the definitions =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Heide264
    I actually have to use the 'Boost Pressure' (4-byte) parameter. For some reason, the Manifold Relative parameter (4-byte) actually maxes out at 18.35 psi or something close. I have always had the luxury of basically unlimited parameters and resolution, however. I didn't see the 2-byte version of the boost pressure parameter.
    I ran into an issue similar to this maxing out ~18.5 back in the day. I need to go back to find logs of what parameter that was. I always just log MRP Corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264
    Also, on a similar note... anybody with a Cobb... Please tell me the Cobb version of the definitions =P
    The "How to Make Useful Data Logs" link I posted earlier talks about some of the Cobb parameter naming differences, if that's what you're referring to.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post

Do you know what ECU IDs you would recommend using that parameter for Vs. Boost pressure? I will add in to use the 2-byte when possible shortly.
    The earlier 32 bit ECU's use it (04-07 STI/Legacy).
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    The "How to Make Useful Data Logs" link I posted earlier talks about some of the Cobb parameter naming differences, if that's what you're referring to.
    Will look it over and update it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    The earlier 32 bit ECU's use it (04-07 STI/Legacy).
    Okay, will throw that detail in.

Updated. I'm still not confident in the Cobb conversion names I found - feel like I am missing a few more. Will add them if people get hung up though.

As per what definitions to use for what car.. I'm going to have to let people figure this out on their own a bit. I think there will be a good bit of trial/error with it regardless.
    Last edited by Heide264; 08-28-2012 at 09:23 AM.
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log

Good stuff, can't wait to see more.
    2012 WRX 5 Door - DGM

will be reading through this a few times until I learn a bit more. Great resource!

nice thread man, thanks for taking the time to do this. I want to get into tuning and have started reading some of these books already. I definitely have the know-how, its just a matter of dedicating the time and tracking down all the different helpful threads. This will definitely be a good place to start!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobic View Post
    will be reading through this a few times until I learn a bit more. Great resource!
    Quote Originally Posted by Axex View Post
    nice thread man, thanks for taking the time to do this. I want to get into tuning and have started reading some of these books already. I definitely have the know-how, its just a matter of dedicating the time and tracking down all the different helpful threads. This will definitely be a good place to start!
    No problem. I'll do a few more posts as time goes on. I'd like to spend a bit more time on this one though incorporating any feedback. Just let me know if you think of anything that should be included with the material.

Books are nice - those authors spent a lot of time learning. Might as well soak up what you can. Credible information that's presented in a logical manner.
    2011 STi Build Log

I Support ClubWRX
    im in on this one too!

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    How about making one new thread, put the links to the different parts, and we'll stick it?

Also, Ron, the bottom three stickies are of very questionable value anymore IMO. The Cobb AP maps one is pretty dead too.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX

Re: WTF Tuning Part 1: Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Logs

Myco,

I will probably copy over some of the first post to a new thread for sticky use along with an index. I'd like to restructure this first one anyhow when I have more time.

EDIT: Created the index page in the tuning forum.
    Last edited by Heide264; 09-12-2012 at 04:22 AM.
    2011 STi Build Log

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12