TD05 tuning
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on TD05 tuning within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have a 2003 wrx i am about to to put a TD05 16G turbo on it and i wanted ...

TD05 tuning

i have a 2003 wrx i am about to to put a TD05 16G turbo on it and i wanted to know from someone who has done this how much % i should increase the Fuel!! ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    There are several variations of that turbo available.

Go to the tuning sub forum, post your specific parts, and post which mechanism you are using to flash the car -- open source, proprietary mapping, etc.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

TD05 16G

i have a 03 wrx i am about to put a TD05 16G turbo on it for more speed and all that good stuff!!! i wanted to know how much % i should increase the fuel??? has any body done this to their car that can help me out?

Are you tuning it yourself?
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

I Support ClubWRX
    What fuel? Which 16G variant?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Yes i have the equipment and everything just not a awd dino!! so i was wondering if someone had done this before so i can get the car mapped ball park until i get the money!!

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    What AFR are you targeting? That will dictate how much fuel you need to add. If you're too lean in your logs, add fuel, too rich, pull it back a little.

I Support ClubWRX
    You don't just increase it by a percentage. Take the car to a professional or buy a premade map for your mods. There is alot more things to change than just fueling. Your going to need larger than stock injectors for that turbo.
    Last edited by Donkey; 03-16-2012 at 08:21 PM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

im what ever it comes stock with a tdo4! i know im going to need about 10% more fuel but i dont know how much exactly! its like 17.3 -1 right?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Like Donkey said, you can't just add a predetermined amount of fuel, and there's lots of things to change besides just fuel maps. If you're referring to 17.3 - 1 AFR you're way off. You're going to want to target somewhere around 14.5:1 at idle and cruising and around 11:1 at WOT. The load range is important, you can't just target one AFR for the entire map. The OEM td04 and a 16g are two entirely different turbos that flow radically different rates.

To me it sounds like you need to take the car to an experienced professional and have it tuned.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.