Just flashed torquedperformance stage 1 map with tactrix
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just flashed torquedperformance stage 1 map with tactrix within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I decided I would share my thoughts on my torqued performance stage 1 map I just flashed last night with ...

Just flashed torquedperformance stage 1 map with tactrix

I decided I would share my thoughts on my torqued performance stage 1 map I just flashed last night with tactrix.

First off, I am not a guru and the tactrix came in the mail last night so I had no experience using openECU or romraider. The tactrix is pretty nice and windows recognized it immediately. I did run into some problems with ECUflash and had to tinker around with it for a few hours because it was not recognizing my ECU even after reading the instructions that came with it. I had to uninstall and reinstall the ECUflash with a previous version and then everything was Gravy.

The tune is incredible. I sent some logs to Eric and he said everything looks great and that my boost is just a notch on the lower side (nothing outside normal).

When first driving it around I noticed with just partial throttle that the small power bump that we usually feel at around 3k now held on rather than just a bump of power and then gone. My roomate immediately noted "wow thats a lot smoother". The car pulls MUCH harder after 3.5k rpm - redline.

1st gear the car is one strong smooth pull. The car definetly gets to redline faster and the front end lifts quite a bit more.

On the road in 3rd through 5th gear the car feels like it has some top end now which is nice, as it has a lot more grit. I reccommend this map to anyone, especially because Eric will have you data log your driving and send the results to him for fine tuning.

Let me know if any of you have questions about it!
    Last edited by fickel8; 01-29-2012 at 07:30 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

All I need to know, thanks for the review!
    Are you totally stock and what year man?

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    All I need to know, thanks for the review!
    Are you totally stock and what year man?
    Oh yeah.

2011 wrx bone stock.

I researched the hell out of doing this seeing as how the car only has 2k miles on it and I WAS going to get the Cobb AP. But this saved a lot of money and kept reading a lot of hit and miss reviews of the Cobb stage 1 map. Most of those people compared their cobb stage 1 map to the tp stage 1 and said the tp stage 1 is night and day better.

The tactrix was $180 shipped (Ordered it on a Wednesday and it arrived on a Friday) and the TP stage 1 map was $85. Best money ever spent $265.
    Last edited by fickel8; 01-29-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Any chance you can give a step by step? I just ordered my tactrix cable yesterday and will be using the tp map. I downloaded ecuflash and romraider so far. No idea what to do though. I assume it comes with instructions? Thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by fickel8 View Post
    Oh yeah.

2011 wrx bone stock.

I researched the hell out of doing this seeing as how the car only has 2k miles on it and I WAS going to get the Cobb AP. But this saved a lot of money and kept reading a lot of hit and miss reviews of the Cobb stage 1 map. Most of those people compared their cobb stage 1 map to the tp stage 1 and said the tp stage 1 is night and day better.

The tactrix was $180 shipped (Ordered it on a Wednesday and it arrived on a Friday) and the TP stage 1 map was $85. Best money ever spent $265.
    Only downside was you should of saved some $ and got the stage 1/2 combo because the mod bug has hit lol

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by arod15 View Post
    Any chance you can give a step by step? I just ordered my tactrix cable yesterday and will be using the tp map. I downloaded ecuflash and romraider so far. No idea what to do though. I assume it comes with instructions? Thanks!
    The tactrix didn't come with anything. However the torqued performance map did come with instructions. Each tuner will have different instructions. Eric included a word file with step by step instructions. THe only snag I ran into was that I had to go search google for a different version of ECUflash because the newest one was having problems recognizing my ECU.
    2011 wrx sedan DGM

-35% window tint
    -Torqued performance stage 1 (using tactrix)
    -Continental DSW tires

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Only downside was you should of saved some $ and got the stage 1/2 combo because the mod bug has hit lol
    LOL true and excellent avatar. I was just thinking the same thing actually. I think I'll wait until summer for stage 2, but for now I am happy with knowing this tune is reportedly safer than stock.
    2011 wrx sedan DGM

-35% window tint
    -Continental DSW tires

Awesome man. I'm waiting for my car to break in the 1000 miles to do this. I can't wait!
    12/27/11 - Ordered
    01/16/12 - Received
    2012 WRX Hatch World Rally Blue

Nice review this makes me want to try it now- I kind of wanted the AP but the price is steep- all you need is the cable and your laptop right? Awesome avatar by the way...Strong Bad!!! I haven't seen that website in years haha

Quote Originally Posted by Rholman1 View Post
    Nice review this makes me want to try it now- I kind of wanted the AP but the price is steep- all you need is the cable and your laptop right? Awesome avatar by the way...Strong Bad!!! I haven't seen that website in years haha
    haha yeah i love that character.

Yes. Tactrix, laptop and map. After doing 3 months of research I determined that torquedperformance was the best option for myself due to cost and reliability. I really was an inch away from pulling the trigger on a Cobb AP, but thanks to the guys here I opened up my eyes to the tactrix cable and saved some dough that I can now use on swaybars. You will also need ECUflash and romraider both which are free. ECUflash can be downloaded from tactrix.com
    2011 wrx sedan DGM

-35% window tint
    -Continental DSW tires

Registered User 2011REXRoyalBlu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fickel8 View Post
    I decided I would share my thoughts on my torqued performance stage 1 map I just flashed last night with tactrix.

First off, I am not a guru and the tactrix came in the mail last night so I had no experience using openECU or romraider. The tactrix is pretty nice and windows recognized it immediately. I did run into some problems with ECUflash and had to tinker around with it for a few hours because it was not recognizing my ECU even after reading the instructions that came with it. I had to uninstall and reinstall the ECUflash with a previous version and then everything was Gravy.

The tune is incredible. I sent some logs to Eric and he said everything looks great and that my boost is just a notch on the lower side (nothing outside normal).

When first driving it around I noticed with just partial throttle that the small power bump that we usually feel at around 3k now held on rather than just a bump of power and then gone. My roomate immediately noted "wow thats a lot smoother". The car pulls MUCH harder after 3.5k rpm - redline.

1st gear the car is one strong smooth pull. The car definetly gets to redline faster and the front end lifts quite a bit more.

On the road in 3rd through 5th gear the car feels like it has some top end now which is nice, as it has a lot more grit. I reccommend this map to anyone, especially because Eric will have you data log your driving and send the results to him for fine tuning.

Let me know if any of you have questions about it!
    Can you flash back to your stock map? For trips to the dealership

Quote Originally Posted by 2011REXRoyalBlu View Post
    Can you flash back to your stock map? For trips to the dealership
    Yes. I haven't done so yet but it is reccomended to copy your stock map and save it for the future so you can flash it back.

Supposedly the dealer can see anyways if you have flashed anything, however I read info that states they can and then I also read info that says they cannot tell, but instead they will just see that the ECU "reset" which they have no proof.

Either way its a risk, but I would like to know if they truely can tell if you flashed a map on the ECU or not.
    2011 wrx sedan DGM

-35% window tint
    -Continental DSW tires

Eric's map is awesome I have had his stage 1 since Sept and About to put Cobb's SRI on my car. if anyone is looking for what you need for SO tons of links. here is Eric guide he posted on 3gwrx.

Eric's Guide To Going Open Source.

Also when you buy his maps he has a word Document that lists everythign you need to log and step by step loading the map.

Fickel give the car some miles it gets stronger once the ecu learns. I noticed a a nice bump after a few days. Also Virtual Dyno helped to see my HP gain from stock
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

i also just got the cable and torqued stage 1 tune...my dell mini 9 did not have service pack 3 installed and the ecu flash needs the usb update from this...and since xp is not generally supported like service packs. so i had to download sp3 and install.. just a note for those with older little laptops...i bought my mini 9 for my mercedes 450 slc and built the mega-squirt board for it and the lc1..it was a challenge getting tuned to run nice with no experiance...but its not like you ruin an engine when your idling and gassing it to get to run...the support for mega-squirt is awsome...jeff

Registered User 2011REXRoyalBlu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by '12 WRX Premium View Post
    i also just got the cable and torqued stage 1 tune...my dell mini 9 did not have service pack 3 installed and the ecu flash needs the usb update from this...and since xp is not generally supported like service packs. so i had to download sp3 and install.. just a note for those with older little laptops...i bought my mini 9 for my mercedes 450 slc and built the mega-squirt board for it and the lc1..it was a challenge getting tuned to run nice with no experiance...but its not like you ruin an engine when your idling and gassing it to get to run...the support for mega-squirt is awsome...jeff
    hu?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast