Just flashed torquedperformance stage 1 map with tactrix - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just flashed torquedperformance stage 1 map with tactrix within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Niceee......

Niceee...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just flashed to stage 1 with my new 12 wrx...feels so much smoother at low rpm( can't stomp it yet as I'm 230 miles in.

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk

Here's another vote for the Tactrix and Torqued Performance map. I flashed it tonight and the difference is amazing. It's so much smoother all around. No more bouncing idle when shifting to second or third. And a lot more pull throughout the RPMs. I have no experience with Cobb AP or any other maps but so far I'm completely satisfied with the TP setup. I'm eager to see how things change over the next few days of driving it.

After reading this thread I'm kind of bummed out. Just picked up my 2012 WRX on Mon and got the bug. This is my 3rd WRX with the 1st being an 07 and 2nd being an 08. I had a Perrin Stg 2 and AP on the 07. Loved the set-up. No problems or CELs. With that said I bought an AP yesterday for my 2012 and have not yet used it yet due to not knowing if only having 200+ miles on the car would be a problem and whether not to wait til after 1000mile break-in. Deep down inside I wanted to go the Tactrix/Romraider/TP route originally. I really would like to learn more about tuning especially to be able to make adjustments on my own in the future. I also like the real time data/gauges and being able to read trouble codes that the AP does. Did I just waste $595? Basically I thought I use the AP for now at Stg 1 to get rid of stock tune and later with more education move on to Tactrix/Romraider. I do plan on a pro-tune but not until I have supporting parts to install. Do I have to wait til break-in ending to go Stg 1? Can I use the Tactrix/Romraider/TP maps and then use the AP for its other features? Not trying to write a book just want some advice. Thanks.

^^^^^^^
    You just bought a $600 paperweight......jk

You can actually do exactly as you said and use some of the other features the AP has to offer while still using a TP tune. He sells tunes for the AP. you just need to download a piece of software from Cobbs site and then you can flash a TP tune that way. Don't beat yourself up, you just spent a little extra. But don't stop here, pay the $85 for the TP tune and enjoy the awesomeness.
    12/27/11 - Ordered
    01/16/12 - Received
    2012 WRX Hatch World Rally Blue

Quote Originally Posted by subaken View Post
    After reading this thread I'm kind of bummed out. Just picked up my 2012 WRX on Mon and got the bug. This is my 3rd WRX with the 1st being an 07 and 2nd being an 08. I had a Perrin Stg 2 and AP on the 07. Loved the set-up. No problems or CELs. With that said I bought an AP yesterday for my 2012 and have not yet used it yet due to not knowing if only having 200+ miles on the car would be a problem and whether not to wait til after 1000mile break-in. Deep down inside I wanted to go the Tactrix/Romraider/TP route originally. I really would like to learn more about tuning especially to be able to make adjustments on my own in the future. I also like the real time data/gauges and being able to read trouble codes that the AP does. Did I just waste $595? Basically I thought I use the AP for now at Stg 1 to get rid of stock tune and later with more education move on to Tactrix/Romraider. I do plan on a pro-tune but not until I have supporting parts to install. Do I have to wait til break-in ending to go Stg 1? Can I use the Tactrix/Romraider/TP maps and then use the AP for its other features? Not trying to write a book just want some advice. Thanks.
    I love the features the AP has, I just personally wouldn't pay the extra $350 for them, but you can't go wrong! If you haven't used it, you could always return it and get a tactrix if cost is a concern. I'm somewhat kicking myself right now, I was planning on going to stage 2 next month and ended up getting a new head unit (DVD touch screen w/iPhone interface nav etc) instead. I'm going to install the deck next week but have been thinking how I could have been planning to install a downpipe and stg 2 map instead (for a similar price). But either way, like I said, can't go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by subaken View Post
    Tactrix and the laptop will do everything the AP does. The only thing you are going to miss out on by going the tactrix/laptop way is the various maps that you get with the AP that are gauranteed safe (valet, economy mode etc...)

I personally wouldn't use any of those so it was a no brainer for me to save the money and get the tactrix since I already have a laptop.

The one thing I do like about the AP is that you can put it near your steering wheel and use it to see your current boost. I really don't want to carry around my laptop to see all of my current data. I do think it is much easier to datalog with the laptop though because I can do some logs and then immediatly post them online from my wireless router when I pull back into my parking spot.

It really comes down to personal preference. If you have no patience trying to figure out how to download a map and put it onto car (meaning you lack basic computer skills) then you are better off with the AP because it is so easy. If you have basic computer skills and have a little more patience to get things up and running then you are definitely better off saving money and getting the tactrix.
    2011 wrx sedan DGM

-35% window tint
    -Torqued performance stage 1 (using tactrix)
    -Continental DSW tires

Does the Tactrix/Laptop allow you to see CEL codes for any issues (o2 sensor, etc.) that could come up in the future?
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

I accually have the Torqued performance stage 3 map on my 2011 wrx, it is awsome!! I did a few logs and dyno runs few weeks ago i did 356whp and 364whq weather outside was colder so it was like 50 and i lost my sheet but i did a pull today it was like 90 outside and i got 322whp and 335wtq.. pretty nice at 90 degree weather.

Just ordered a tactrix cable. Gonna order the Stage 1 tune next! Was gonna go straight to TP Stage 2, but I'm using the leftover $ (no downpipe) for other mods. Plus, it'll make me appreciate Stage 2 that much more when I get there.

Question: Do you need to wait for any period before stomping the gas after flashing to the new tune? What's the deal with the ECU learning process?

Pics!

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    There isn't any real problem with stepping on the gas right out the gate, but it won't be all that the tune has to offer. If you're data logging (which you should be) you can watch the IAM, once it gets up to 1, you're good to go.

You'll want to keep an eye out for any knock (log FBKC and FLKC) while driving around, and doing a couple of 3rd gear pulls, just to make sure things are good in the timing area. On the RomRaider forums, look up the proper way to pull data logs for checking the overall health of the tune, post it here or over there if you're not confident in your analyzing abilities.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Went to Eric's house last night after work for the stage 1 map. Car feels so much smoother now, really happy I did it. Ready for stage 2 in the next 2 months...

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Went to Eric's house last night after work for the stage 1 map. Car feels so much smoother now, really happy I did it. Ready for stage 2 in the next 2 months...
    I just flashed with his Stage 1 today. Waaay better! The car pulls hard all the way to redline now, whereas before it would die off pretty bad after 5500 rpms.

Pics!

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXpa View Post
    Does the Tactrix/Laptop allow you to see CEL codes for any issues (o2 sensor, etc.) that could come up in the future?

Using a program called "Learning View" you can pull DTCs, and it tells you what they are for. It also displays learned air flow corrections as well as knock correction.. very useful program.

New to the forum here, and haven't actually picked up my car from the dealer yet but I was wondering if anyone has had luck running the open source tuning software in linux? Thanks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast