Just flashed torquedperformance stage 1 map with tactrix - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just flashed torquedperformance stage 1 map with tactrix within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by fickel8 Yes. I haven't done so yet but it is reccomended to copy your stock map and ...

Registered User 2011REXRoyalBlu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fickel8 View Post
    Yes. I haven't done so yet but it is reccomended to copy your stock map and save it for the future so you can flash it back.

Supposedly the dealer can see anyways if you have flashed anything, however I read info that states they can and then I also read info that says they cannot tell, but instead they will just see that the ECU "reset" which they have no proof.

Either way its a risk, but I would like to know if they truely can tell if you flashed a map on the ECU or not.
    I have had my ecu reset at the dealer a couple of times.. So If that is the case I am well into the clear. i am actually going over on Friday for my clutch and to get flashed AGAIN. These damn error codes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the story at the end i guess i shoulnt have added ..did it confuse you?? or havent you heard of megasquirt? i was addidng to OP's post about the problem he had and just added the problem i had with not having SP3 pack installed as ecu'flash needs this {or the usb update from it}if you are running xp..

Quote Originally Posted by 2011REXRoyalBlu View Post
    hu?

I'm glad I found this thread. I have a '12 coming in shortly and was going to go the ap route again but tactrix seems like a heck of alot better both performance and cost wise. Gotta get that darn break in done first!! But I think I should have the tactrix cable and tune here ready when the day comes...I've not modded my '11 at all and intend to mod the '12 quite a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoebeusFenix View Post
    I'm glad I found this thread. I have a '12 coming in shortly and was going to go the ap route again but tactrix seems like a heck of alot better both performance and cost wise. Gotta get that darn break in done first!! But I think I should have the tactrix cable and tune here ready when the day comes...I've not modded my '11 at all and intend to mod the '12 quite a bit more.
    Yup I was in your same shoes a month ago with my new '12. I ended up going the TP route and have love every minute of it.

JW why did you trade in an 11 for a 12?
    12/27/11 - Ordered
    01/16/12 - Received
    2012 WRX Hatch World Rally Blue

I switched from a sedan to hatch. Silver to dgm..

Stupid reasoning I know. But my dealer worked a good deal.

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk

haha no worries, we have all done stupider things than that and I can't say I blame you. I love my '12 hatch . Anyways, get the tactrix and you could even call up Eric from Torqued Performance to ask him any questions you might have. I know he spent a good 30 minutes with me on the phone ironing out every single question I had.

Some other food for though. Some say to do the flash from day one because the stock map sucks(which it does, cause it runs pretty lean at times with WOT). However, if you are doing a proper break in period, you should not be doing any WOT to begin with which would not affect the motor. Either way, you can't go wrong with either option. Good luck and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
    12/27/11 - Ordered
    01/16/12 - Received

What tactrix cable you guys using. 2.0 and what adapter? I can't find anything for the 2012
    2012 Wrx SWP Hatch-Traded
    2013 Limited ISM Hatch -Current

Just get the 2.0 cable that's $169. No adapters needed for our cars. It's only if your going to use it in older models.
    12/27/11 - Ordered
    01/16/12 - Received

Sweet!!! Thanks
    2012 Wrx SWP Hatch-Traded
    2013 Limited ISM Hatch -Current

This cannot be used on a MAC laptop correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxerjoe View Post
    This cannot be used on a MAC laptop correct?
    Correct, Mac/OS X is not supported.
    Windows only.

That blows - forces me to go Cobb.

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxerjoe View Post
    That blows - forces me to go Cobb.
    You could buy a windows laptop, tactrix and map for less than a cobb ap. I have an iMac but also have a windows 7 laptop for work (POS) but it should work. The other option would be to install windows for your Mac. I'm currently waiting for the tactrix store to get more cables in stock and plan to flash TP stage 1!
    Last edited by jlinnell98; 02-23-2012 at 12:54 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast