tunning help needed
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on tunning help needed within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so ill be needing a tune here in about two weeks........my question is .........plz tell me someone can tune cause ...

tunning help needed

so ill be needing a tune here in about two weeks........my question is .........plz tell me someone can tune cause im in the dark on em tuning. once everything is in place i can give all the info needed just need to find someone that knows what their doing so i dont blow my **** up

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Where do you live?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

pittsburgh

i am mechanically inclined seeing that i am one ive just never got into the tuning side of things im sure with a bit of elbow grease i could figure it out just need some actual help not some read along (whcih still help btw)

im also gonna b tuning with openport 2.0 sooooooo................ help ....plz lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Make the drive up to Buffalo and see Mike @ Innovative Tuning
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Just a heads up, a lot of popular/good tuners have long wait lists and are booked well in advance. I know some of the tuners in this area have 1 month+ waitings lists.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I know people who have done their own tuning and have gotten good results, but I'd say unless you are really confident in your ability to learn such a skill (which isn't mechanical at all, by the way, has to do with computers and programming and such), then I'd take it to a pro. No sense blowing up your engine to save a couple hundred bucks.

Very true....the prob ia finding anyone to show u lol it'd just be one more item to add to my can do list. And I assume I should get it synonymous tuned huh

**** lol dyno tuned damn t9 text crap

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwannagofast View Post
    Very true....the prob ia finding anyone to show u lol it'd just be one more item to add to my can do list.
    Well the problem is the process isn't just taught in a day. It's not just "hey change a couple of values and your done!". If you don't understand why your changing the values or what they mean then you should not attempt tuning until you do. It's not something you can jump right into. My suggestion is to start reading,learn to use the software and learn to datalog the car properly and interpret the datalog information. I have listed several good threads and books in this link. OPENSOURCE TUNING: Your questions answered here!!! RomRaider + Tactrix Datalogging with Romraider: You can easily purchase a map from a tuner or use on of the free maps on Romraider as a starting point and go from there.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Yea I already have been reading a bit on romraider I have already down loaded proram to comp....just need to purchase 2.0 .as far as the values and time r concerned I have all the time in the world lol all I no is cars just never given chance to learn first hand ....the values im working on it but looking at some of those maps is wild

But if I can find someone that I can send data to when I get the tune back ill lookbat all the figures and I usually good at putting two and two together but places are limited in Pittsburgh so im not trying to have to hike it somewhere ....which ill do if I absolutely have to

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwannagofast View Post
    But if I can find someone that I can send data to when I get the tune back ill lookbat all the figures and I usually good at putting two and two together but places are limited in Pittsburgh so im not trying to have to hike it somewhere ....which ill do if I absolutely have to
    Just post the data on Romraider. You don't have to have someone local. This is the 21st century. Many tuners can remote tune by you sending them datalogs as explained in the links I provided.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Thanx man I've also taken the liberty to email that place in buffalo so ill c what they say

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast