Went Stage 1 a week ago Cobb then Torqued Performance quick review
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Went Stage 1 a week ago Cobb then Torqued Performance quick review within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i lasted 6500 miles... until I drove my cousins tuned 2011. Wanted to post quick review of AP. Cobb ...

Went Stage 1 a week ago Cobb then Torqued Performance quick review

So i lasted 6500 miles... until I drove my cousins tuned 2011.

Wanted to post quick review of AP. Cobb stage 1 didnt make that big of a difference but definatly smoothed out the power band and jerkiness of 1st and 2nd gear.

Went to Torqued Performance e-tune three days after couldnt be happier. Car is much faster now. Extremely responsive. Nothing but praise for Eric. He ended up dialing me in after 3 adjustments, all done within the week in about 3 days when i was available to do logs. Very responsive with emails and extremely knowledgeable. I highly reccomend for anyone looking to go stage 1 and not wanting to pay for a pro tune.

Must say I am really enjoying the car now and glad i decided to make the jump to stage1. Hopefully the mod bug stops here... yeah right next in line CAI.. haha
    Last edited by YorkWRX11; 12-19-2011 at 11:59 AM.
    11 SWP LMTD Hatch SPT Exhaust, Kartboy STS w/ Bushings, 30% Tint, Red tails, Stage 1 TP Tune

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by YorkWRX11 View Post
    So i lasted 6500 miles... until I drove my cousins tuned 2011.

Wanted to post quick review of AP. Cobb stage 1 didnt make that big of a difference but definatly smoothed out the power band and jerkiness of 1st and 2nd gear.

Went to Torqued Performance e-tune three days after couldnt be happier. Car is much faster now. Extremely responsive. Nothing but praise for Eric. He ended up dialing me in after 3 adjustments, all done within the week in about 3 days when i was available to do logs. Very responsive with emails and extremely knowledgeable. I highly reccomend for anyone looking to go stage 1 and not wanting to pay for a pro tune.

Must say I am really enjoying the car now and glad i decided to make the jump to stage1. Hopefully the mod bug stops here... yeah right next in line CAI.. haha
    i did the same. But instead went stage 2 from the Cobb tune to the TP STG2 map. Love it!
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

I am Cobb (ots) stage 2 now so you both seem to agree it is worth doing

Interesting.

I Support ClubWRX
    I haven't got that much experience with the TP base maps.
    Last edited by EJ257; 11-17-2013 at 07:19 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I may give it a shot, I see another SoCal guy (has to deal with ****ty gas)

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    I haven't got that much experience with the TP base maps, but what I've seen looked good.
    Very aggressive tune
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

Yes have nothing to say but praise for Eric and his tune. 10X better absolutely no comparison. He will tweak the tune and email you back asap.. I would send him my logs at 10pm CA time and he would reply back within like 10 minutes.. My cousin has his tune and loves it as well. Put it this way you can go from 60-80 in 5th gear in like 1-2 seconds no need for downshifting. My gas mileage has decreased but who drives these cars for mpg anyways. IF you want to go stage1 its well worth the $85 no reason to go pro-tune on stage1. He does the same exact thing they do w/out the dyno.
    11 SWP LMTD Hatch SPT Exhaust, Kartboy STS w/ Bushings, 30% Tint, Red tails, Stage 1 TP Tune

I wanted to note it is aggressive but safe. He truly cares about his customers cars

btw CA gas is horrible

i also just got a the torqued performance for my 2012, LOVE IT. since cobb didnt come out with the CAI and downpipe for my 2012, i cannot compare..

he is also quick response, ( like earlier i just installed my dp and ran the eng. a/f said i was running -15. gave him a call and he said he wants a data log. and reassures me that everything is fine. did some logs gave it to him and he said dont realtime flash it . ( stupid mistake of me ) car ran impressive. and he said he'll even tweak my maps later on!

overall i love the guy! +1 on costumer service

PS i live in CA and GAS IS HORRIBLE !!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTSamb
    Very aggressive tune
    The '08 StageII map I loaded for a friend wasn't too bad. 18PSI with moderate timing/fueling.

Quote Originally Posted by imrbobby
    PS i live in CA and GAS IS HORRIBLE !!
    Quote Originally Posted by YorkWRX11
    btw CA gas is horrible
    I piss higher octane after a night out with friends...

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by imrbobby View Post
    i also just got a the torqued performance for my 2012, LOVE IT. since cobb didnt come out with the CAI and downpipe for my 2012, i cannot compare..
    the 2011 and 2012 are the exact same, they only changed the headlight bezel to all chrome. You can get the ones made for 2011 and they will fit exactly
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

bringing this thread back

im really interested in TP stage 2 tune. Does Anyone has stage 2 TP map currently in their car (2013 wrx) ? anyone experiencing boost creep? im currently on Cobb Stage 2+. I dont go WOT on my car because of the boost creep. I am thinking about going with TP stage 2 only if it fixes the boost creep, i know getting protuned is the best route to go to fix the problem but i dont have the finances right now. Also, with Tp map, i would be using my COBB accessport to flash the ECU?
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you know the cobb stage 2 map is designed for a catted DP?

Quote Originally Posted by WrxPower View Post
    Do you know the cobb stage 2 map is designed for a catted DP?
    Yes I do know that.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082
    bringing this thread back

im really interested in TP stage 2 tune. Does Anyone has stage 2 TP map currently in their car (2013 wrx) ? anyone experiencing boost creep? im currently on Cobb Stage 2+. I dont go WOT on my car because of the boost creep. I am thinking about going with TP stage 2 only if it fixes the boost creep, i know getting protuned is the best route to go to fix the problem but i dont have the finances right now. Also, with Tp map, i would be using my COBB accessport to flash the ECU?
    Boost creep is a mechanical issue, so it has nothing to do with the tune.

UNYSOC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast