Went Stage 1 a week ago Cobb then Torqued Performance quick review - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Went Stage 1 a week ago Cobb then Torqued Performance quick review within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by EJ257 Boost creep is a mechanical issue, so it has nothing to do with the tune. So ...

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Boost creep is a mechanical issue, so it has nothing to do with the tune.
    So a protune is the way to go? Is there a difference between boost creep and overboosting? Sorry for such noon questions but I've searched it and got no definite answers
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had a stage 2 (then 3, then 3+) TP tune before I got my pro-tune at that level (3+). I enjoyed it at stage 2, and had absolutely no issues with it, and I felt it was much better than the cobb one (but also way more aggressive from my limited knowledge).

My pro-tune gained me about 10% max HP, and 15% max torque, so erics tune was very good for an e-tune if you don't want to spend the money on a pro-tune. The pro-tune is better, of course, but you have to decide if it's worth it.

If you have issues, and you think it's tune related (boost creep isn't), I'd email eric and see what he can do. He's very responsive and helpful.
    2013 DGM WRX - Perrin CAI | PW TMIC | Forge BPV | Cobb DP | GS EBCS | DW 65C Pump | Perrin ELH & Uppipe | NGK One-Step Colder | Bren ProTune
    Best Time (on 4.21.13): 12.26 sec @ 113 mph

What is Eric's email again?

Thanks, Brandi
    Purchased 7/17/13: 2013 WRX Limited- satin pearl white: short throw shifter, Perrin cat-back, and some other stuff. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    So a protune is the way to go? Is there a difference between boost creep and overboosting? Sorry for such noon questions but I've searched it and got no definite answers
    The guy literally just said boost creep is a mechanical issue and nothing to do with the tune. So you ask if a pro-tune is the way to go..

You clearly haven't searched very hard because the answers to all your questions is in the very first post..

Let me google that for you

Maybe you should reconsider blindly modifying your car without understanding how any of the modifications work.

Though, if you did any research prior, you would have already known that you run into boost spike/boost creep issues with catless downpipes before you bought one. Not to mention catless is terrible for the environment, won't pass emissions, and the gain in HP is negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by olenderc View Post
    The guy literally just said boost creep is a mechanical issue and nothing to do with the tune. So you ask if a pro-tune is the way to go..

You clearly haven't searched very hard because the answers to all your questions is in the very first post..

Let me google that for you

Maybe you should reconsider blindly modifying your car without understanding how any of the modifications work.

Though, if you did any research prior, you would have already known that you run into boost spike/boost creep issues with catless downpipes before you bought one. Not to mention catless is terrible for the environment, won't pass emissions, and the gain in HP is negligible.

Thank you, you are very helpful.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Thank you, you are very helpful.
    Hate to be so blunt, but someone needs to do it. You're asking for advice, getting it, ignoring it, then asking the same question phrased differently. And yes, I was helpful; the link provided did offer a number of threads on the topics of boost creep/overboosting which should easily suffice in answering your questions. In fact, the first search result has the same answer you were given here, 3rd post in.

In retrospect, yes a pro-tune is always the best route to go in terms of tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by olenderc View Post
    Hate to be so blunt, but someone needs to do it. You're asking for advice, getting it, ignoring it, then asking the same question phrased differently. And yes, I was helpful; the link provided did offer a number of threads on the topics of boost creep/overboosting which should easily suffice in answering your questions. In fact, the first search result has the same answer you were given here, 3rd post in.

In retrospect, yes a pro-tune is always the best route to go in terms of tuning.
    I dont know why you are replying to my questio. I was asking EJ because i think he knows what he is talking about. I'm sorry if I am annoying you with my stupid questions. I already apologized in advanced to EJ. The reason why im in this Forum is to ask questions from people who knows Subaru. Ive had the car for less than a year man, im still learning! You sound like those guys on the other Subaru sites, always bashing noobs. Damn.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Quote Originally Posted by TankerTruck View Post
    I had a stage 2 (then 3, then 3+) TP tune before I got my pro-tune at that level (3+). I enjoyed it at stage 2, and had absolutely no issues with it, and I felt it was much better than the cobb one (but also way more aggressive from my limited knowledge).

My pro-tune gained me about 10% max HP, and 15% max torque, so erics tune was very good for an e-tune if you don't want to spend the money on a pro-tune. The pro-tune is better, of course, but you have to decide if it's worth it.

If you have issues, and you think it's tune related (boost creep isn't), I'd email eric and see what he can do. He's very responsive and helpful.
    Thanks Jesse, i enjoyed reading your "Tanker's TurboSnail: I choose you!" build thread.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082
    Simple answer: both occur when the wastegate doesn't divert enough exhaust gas away from the turbine and you see higher-than-desired pressure levels, but one is cause by a mechanical fault (creep) and one is caused by the tune (overboost).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

He's not bashing because you're a noob. He's calling you out for asking for information without bothering to look for it yourself. There is such a large amount of information out already available, it saves everyone a ton of time if you search before posting. That's all.
    Nothing wrong with being noobtastic regarding your car or otherwise. Just make an effort to learn/search for yourself.

I understand being new to forums though, getting the hang of learning how to search and how deep to go before posting to avoid flaming/abuse can be difficult. Just don't take it personally and learn to love the pursuit of knowledge.

I dont know why you are replying to my questio. I was asking EJ because i think he knows what he is talking about. I'm sorry if I am annoying you with my stupid questions. I already apologized in advanced to EJ. The reason why im in this Forum is to ask questions from people who knows Subaru. Ive had the car for less than a year man, im still learning! You sound like those guys on the other Subaru sites, always bashing noobs. Damn.
    Again, I'm not trying to bash you for being a noob. I was just showing you how simply you could have found the answer to your question. I'm sorry if you took it too personal, it was nothing more than some tough love.

I Support ClubWRX

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12