Stage 2+ 350/380HP?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage 2+ 350/380HP? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I want more then the cobb stage 2 map. With a pro tune and these mods how much HP will ...

Stage 2+ 350/380HP?

I want more then the cobb stage 2 map. With a pro tune and these mods how much HP will I gain? Any suggestions are appreciated or anything I missed for this setup please let me know. Thanks!

-Spt exhaust
    -AEM intake
    -Cobb Downpipe
    -Process west TMIC
    -Walbro puel pump 255LPH
    -Grimmspeed EBCS 3 port
    -Deatschwerks top feed injectors 850cc or 1000cc or 1300cc? Which is best for my setup?

Protune
    E85..........
    11WRX Ltd - COBB Stage 2+AEM HWG 93 Octane
    COBB Downpipe - SPT Exhaust - AEM Intake
    Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT - JL Audio W6v2 & XD600/1

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    that'll be a great step up
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    MAYBE 350AWHP with E85, but that depends on the dyno, the tuner, conditons, etc. I'd say 1000cc just to give you a bit of headroom.

No real power number we give you will be accurate. Speak to your tuner about your goals and how to get there.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    at least 1000s.. and suspension and brakes

I Support ClubWRX
    Probably get close to 350 whp. I like that set up. I'm looking at basically the same route after warranty is retired in 30,000 miles.
    2004 WRB WRX Cobb Stage II - Sold...2004 PSM STi Cobb Stage II - Sold...2011 WRB WRX Torqued Performance Stage I - Daily Driven
    My current average MPG

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd say if you are going with e85, get the big injectors. Takes about 33% more fuel last I checked when you use e85.... Some people even run dual fuel pumps when they get over ~350whp to make up for how much fuel you need. I'd go 1000s and e85.

Check with your tuner on what EBCS they'd prefer. They vary in their tuning.

Seems like a good set up though. I can't speak from experience concerning power mods - just forum whoring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I just talked to my tuner. He was saying that with 93 octane I can get close to 350whp without going the E85 route. E85 is a pain anyway with limited stations. It would work if I had a tune for both e85 and 93 so I can run 93 most of the time and flash the e85 only when I want.

Any input at all is helpful I'm a newbie. I plan on doing all of this at once but I still have stock suspension and everything else stock. Do I really need a suspension or will the car handle fine stock with the added power.

How easy is it to go back to bone stock in a few years when I want to sell the car?

injectors are confusing. From 850cc to 1000cc to 1300cc there all the same price?? If I'm not going E85 then is 850cc enough? What does bigger injectors benefit?

Basically, the only benefit of really huge injectors is for if you're planning on upgrading the turbo. I'd still go with 1000's cuz they give you room to play with regardless and are the same price...atleast you'll have that bit done if the major mod bug bites again after this

I Support ClubWRX
    If your not going E85 and staying with your stock bottom end then you will probably not even max out a set of 850s.. If you were going to build the bottom end and eventually go bigger I'd say go with 1000ccs but if this is your DD on stock turbo or even upgraded 400-420hp you should be fine with 850s

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SPT2011
    injectors are confusing. From 850cc to 1000cc to 1300cc there all the same price?? If I'm not going E85 then is 850cc enough? What does bigger injectors benefit?
    Easier resale when you go back to stock, since you'll have a broader spectrum of potential buyers.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

i went with 1000cc's because i'm going to run e85, and i eventually plan on upgrading the turbo. With the 1000cc's I have the headroom to do all of that, and not worry about having to upgrade again.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SPT2011 View Post
    Something to keep in mind - I believe 1000cc injectors are harder to tune, and will normally result in a rougher idle. Don't skimp out on injectors, or you will be paying 2x over the cost difference of getting good ones in the tuning process I would bet. There are some people around here that would be able to offer their opinions on it. Generally, you want injectors that suit your needs. Definitely not too small, but not much larger than needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I Support ClubWRX
    We're on the same path. :-) ...well, almost. My PW TMIC shipped today. I am scheduled for my pro-tune on 10/12 at Agile. I am not replacing the injectors or pump yet; tuner said it's not needed on stock turbo. I'll be doing that later when I upgrade to the 18G.

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Heide264
    Something to keep in mind - I believe 1000cc injectors are harder to tune, and will normally result in a rougher idle. Don't skimp out on injectors, or you will be paying 2x over the cost difference of getting good ones in the tuning process I would bet. There are some people around here that would be able to offer their opinions on it. Generally, you want injectors that suit your needs. Definitely not too small, but not much larger than needed.
    A good tuner should have no issues getting a quality 1000cc injector to idle properly. Both the DWs/IDs should be no problem.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.