Perrin Cai and Cobb AP
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Perrin Cai and Cobb AP within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I'm buying a used AP tonight. The only problem is I have a perrin intake installed on my car. ...

Perrin Cai and Cobb AP

So I'm buying a used AP tonight. The only problem is I have a perrin intake installed on my car. I know on the Cobb website they have stage 1 maps for the aem intake nd the Cobb sf intake can i use one of those as the mapp or do i need one that is exactly for the perrin?

If not I have the stock intake to put back on but I would rather leave my cai in that i spent the money for.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I definitely wouldn't use the map for the Cobb SFI. As for AEM, the design of the intake, as well as the location of the MAF sensor bung, is VERY similar to that of Perrin's. I suspect it would work fine, but I'd let someone with more experience chime in first. Anyone?
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

You're worried about the COBB tune with a Perrin intake but not worried about running the intake without a tune at all? You could call COBB but I'm sure they'll re-iterate their map notes and say it's not recommeded to run that intake on their tune. You could buy a map from perrin for the AP and run a proper tune for your car and mods.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    You could buy a map from perrin for the AP and run a proper tune for your car and mods.
    ^^^this.But it will not be cheap.

Edit* Looked at it on the Perrin website,but there is no mention of intakes http://www.perrinperformance.com/pro...ry=43&model=40
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 08-08-2011 at 03:18 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Contact Perrin directly and ask them about the map for the intake.
    Perrin Performance - Contact Us

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    Contact Perrin directly and ask them about the map for the intake.
    Perrin Performance - Contact Us

this.. you're worried about a Perrin intake, and we know Perrin has their own maps for the AP, so I would just ask them.

I Support ClubWRX
    ...or you could just ditch the intake....or buy the Cobb SRI....or...
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.