07 wrx stage 2 help please
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 07 wrx stage 2 help please within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 07 wrx with a catless tbe with a Cobb intake. I went stage 2 with the bulwinkle ...

07 wrx stage 2 help please

I have an 07 wrx with a catless tbe with a Cobb intake. I went stage 2 with the bulwinkle map and I am peaking at around 20 psi and over boosted once in fifth gear. But that was from a pull in fifth when I should have been in fourth so I disregarded that. I did switch in the restrictor pill that Cobb suggests if you overboost and only peaked at 15 which seems low to me. My main concern is peaking at 20 psi is that ok on stage 2? I did a learning view that seemed very good ill post that later.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump anyone?

I'm assuming you're using an accessport OTS tune? What do the map notes say? 20psi sounds high and 15psi sounds low, I'm thinking you should be in the 18ish range. I'm not 100% but doesn't COBB suggest not using a catless, I can't remember. Post a 3rd gear pull log to redline and we can see if everything is OK otherwise.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

ok ill have to log this weekend and hopefully you guys can tell me whats going on and guide me in the right direction. Its an opensource map yes they advise not to use a catless unless tuned properly or having the different restrictor pill which i did and i lost quite a bit of boost with.

I Support ClubWRX
    You will always overboost in higher gears. The only way to fix it is a tune specifically for your car or retweak his map to work with your car. Also overboosting and boost spiking are two different things.
    Last edited by Donkey; 08-05-2011 at 09:02 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I'm not sure what I'm getting then. I'll log as soon as I can then post it up

romraiderlog_20110806_110720.csv

romraiderlog_20110806_110355.csv

romraiderlog_20110806_111127.csv

these are the logs you asked for let me know what you think. thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CSwrx22 View Post
    romraiderlog_20110806_110720.csv

romraiderlog_20110806_110355.csv

romraiderlog_20110806_111127.csv

these are the logs you asked for let me know what you think. thanks
    Nothing more than a brief boost spike..........
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.