Boost waiving! Help!

This is a discussion on Boost waiving! Help! within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Boost waiving! Hi guys I have problem with my 02 wrx. After moods on my rex witch are coob stage ...

Boost waiving! Help!

Boost waiving!

Hi guys I have problem with my 02 wrx.
    After moods on my rex witch are coob stage 2 map turbo back exhaust, I noticed boost waiving when full open throttle. Turbo is pumping to 18 Psi peak and coming back to 12 Psi and again to 16-17 Psi. I canít get full power and is little bit annoying. I checked turbo vacuum lines no problems waste gauge is moving and solenoid is connected correctly no cell. I noticed little bit oil in intercooler. I need to put around 1 quart refill between 3000-mile oil change, any ideas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Boost oscillation.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    You need to adjust your wastegate pre-tension. Cobb's map notes tell you what to do.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Its a 5 minute fix. Just tighten the arm 1.5 turns and go for a drive. If it still does it, tighten by 1/2 turn till it stops. Its caused by having a catless up pipe and downpipe.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    Its a 5 minute fix. Just tighten the arm 1.5 turns and go for a drive. If it still does it, tighten by 1/2 turn till it stops. Its caused by having a catless up pipe and downpipe.
    Thanks I will do it. I just discovered inside the vacuum houses from the turbo is oil not much but it is. Can it disturbing the flow, and correct steering by waste gauge.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by totus81 View Post
    Thanks I will do it. I just discovered inside the vacuum houses from the turbo is oil not much but it is. Can it disturbing the flow, and correct steering by waste gauge.
    Do you not speak engrish???
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Do you not speak engrish???

I didn't understand anything you said except, "Thanks I will do it". Im sorry BTW if you actually don't speak english.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post

I didn't understand anything you said except, "Thanks I will do it". Im sorry BTW if you actually don't speak english.
    Sorry for my English. Itís not my first and native language, but itís no reason to laughing about it. Maybe I was in hurry to compose the post and itís not understandable for you. I will try to explain oneís again what I meant. When I was taking a part all vacuum hoses between turbo charger and waste gauge solenoid. I discover oil inside the all vacuum houses. It wasnít big amount maybe 5 ml enough to make fingers dirty. Problem is that I donít know from where is the oil. I removed Intercooler itís dry, maybe some oil but not much. Turbo outlet is completely dry. I blow all vacuum lines by compressed air, and assembled them. Car runs good for 3 hours, and again started waving. I am sure that turbo is in good shape, no blue smoke under rough driving. Wrx has 45k miles. I am the first owner; car was maintained very carefully, no hard acceleration on cold engine, turbo timer is installed from beginning so itís cooling down turbo every time. Oil change every 3k miles Mobil one full synthetic. I hope that post is at least in small part understandable for you. Thanks again

I Support ClubWRX
    Its probably just normal PCV gases. You can either just degrease the lines or replace them with new. Just remember to remove the vacuum pill from the old line if you replace the turbo vacuum lines as well.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S