Base map for 04' VF34 with opensource?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Base map for 04' VF34 with opensource? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Have an 04' Wrx with vf34 and txs intake and TBE. Currently have an AP v1 which sucks becuase I ...

Base map for 04' VF34 with opensource?

Have an 04' Wrx with vf34 and txs intake and TBE. Currently have an AP v1 which sucks becuase I can only use OTS maps. So I have that and it seems to be running rich. My wide band goes to 10.0 from 4500rpm to redline under wot. I hit about 16.5psi.

I was looking at opensource but don't know where to find base maps.

I'm familiar with flashing and tuning software such as Hondata and SCT but the romraider seems confusing and I cant find base maps.

Also with the stage 2 map and the vf34 map that I'm running the car seems to be really sluggish off the line. The off idle responce seems really bad. My driveway is kinda steep and it seems I have to flooor it to get out and to get the rpms up to about 1500 before I can start to get moving.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Everything you need is right here:
    http://www.romraider.com/forum/
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    For the most part if you can't find a "free map" that somebody has made you can just purchase an "Etune" map that gets custom tailored to your vehicle. Prices can range from $50-$150 depending on the tuner.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tuning...hp?t=134322320
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I've read through that and you jump around alot. You have to load the software and then some drivers and the software for the tactrix cable.....I think? It said don't do this if you are doing this or something like that.

The flashpro from hondata is much easier to use. I just want to look at a base map and check out the settings and see what it's like.

I downloaded a base map from the romraider site but it won't open......I dunno

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ajpturbo View Post
    I've read through that and you jump around alot. You have to load the software and then some drivers and the software for the tactrix cable.....I think? It said don't do this if you are doing this or something like that.
    Everything has a learning curve.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajpturbo
    The flashpro from hondata is much easier to use. I just want to look at a base map and check out the settings and see what it's like.
    Romraider is the editor and logger. You do not need a cable or drivers for the editor portion. You just need to read and follow the instructions to load the definitions properly. Your comparing Honda Flashpro,a $600 product,to free software. If you want that kind of solution then purchase Ecutek's EasyEcu. If you don't have alot of patience then Opensource may not be for you although tons of people seem to be able to use it no problems including professional tuners.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Maybe I'm in over my head then.

I've downloaded the definitions but when I try to open a base map it says I don't have the definitions which doesn't make sense

I have a utec that I would sell just haven't advertised it. I'm not crazy about piggybacks. The ECU on my honda just tried to constantly fight the piggy back that I had on that. So from now on I'm just sticking with a reprogrammed ecu.

I Support ClubWRX
    The learning curve really isn't that steep with RomRaider, tuning however, yes it is quite a step if you've never done it before and I'd say you may indeed be in over your head.

I've used Hondata for tuning my friends Prelude, and I'll say this, I like RomRaider WAAAAYYYYYYY more than I like Hondata.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

I'm still waiting for a program that can do this:

Me: Me want fast car.
    It: Complete
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

I don't plan on tuning it myself. I just want to familiarize myself with the software and look at the tables and columns.

I've done small things with my flashpro such as change fuel tables then checking the wide band, rev limits and boost control.

But I can't get started with romraider.

Can't someone give me the idiot version or cliff notes on how to open a map?

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't plan on tuning it myself. I just want to familiarize myself with the software and look at the tables and columns.

I've done small things with my flashpro such as change fuel tables then checking the wide band, rev limits and boost control.

I'll do my best to walk you through it

So you've installed everything I take it, . When you open RomRaider Ecu Editor, are you taken to the screen where you need to add the definitions? When you add the actual definition (.xml) file to the list, make sure you're hitting the save button. I've had to do it a couple of times before, but as soon as the definitions are added, and saved, you should be able to open any map with the .hex extension.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh, and just for clarification sake, I really liked the fact that I could essentially tune on the fly with Hondata (SManager BTW, S300 OBDI ECU), and how it has the gauge looking interface for displaying numbers, but just the way everything was set up just seemed like such a hassle to use. Everything is hidden in different tabs that don't always seem to have anything in common with the parameters right below it, and it was just a big mess. RomRaider is plain Jane simple, click on a table, it opens, make changes save the map. Reflash (the only major downside to OpenSource), log, change, save, reflash, log, etc...

SManager was simple in flashing, but overly complicated in almost everything else. I did like the 3D fueling and timing tables though, those were nice.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX

You need to tell Romraider's editor where the definitions are by using the definition manager tab. After that everything will work. Same for the logger. This is only for the intial setup and when new definition are released. You can't get started because your trying to move to fast and your not even reading basic info.
    http://www.romraider.com/Documentation/RomRaiderFAQ
    Last edited by Donkey; 07-22-2010 at 08:23 PM.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Thank you donkey and anub I really appriciate it. I'm going to bed, I will try it tomorrow.

There are a lot of definitions. Do I have to put them all in?

I Support ClubWRX
    Thank you donkey and anub I really appriciate it. I'm going to bed, I will try it tomorrow.

There are a lot of definitions. Do I have to put them all in?
    The definitions are contained in a .xml file, once you download the definitions (in a .zip file I believe, you will need to extract the .xml file), you have to put the .xml file somewhere (preferably in the RomRaider install folder) where you can find it easily and point Ecu Editor to. In the Definitions Manager, you point the browse window (after hitting Add) to the .xml definitions file and click open. Once it shows the definitions file in the list box, click save, then close. You should be done after that.

You don't need to open the .xml file, you just have to point the program to where the .xml file is.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

I added all of the definitions and downloaded 2 different hex calibrations.

When I go to open image, which I'm guessing is what this software calls a calibration, it says definition not found.

This is pissing me off. I've read through all the faq's and I cant open a map.

Am I still missing something?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast