Base map for 04' VF34 with opensource? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Base map for 04' VF34 with opensource? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Describe to me the steps you're going through to add the definitons, from opening the program to the last step. ...

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Describe to me the steps you're going through to add the definitons, from opening the program to the last step. Just to make sure you're not doing anything wrong.

Also, what OS are you using? Sometimes the program is picky about where you put the definitions because it doesn't have access to certain folders at all times.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have windows 7.

Open rom raider.

click ECU Definitions.
    Then ECU definition manager

Then I keep the definition folder on my desktop, I hit add in the manager. I click on the defintion folder on my desktop,then the folder for the WRX.

Then about 40 or 50 definitions come up. I can only add one at a time. I did that for all of them.

Then I went back and tried to open an image and it said def. not found but I had all of them in the def. manager.

I Support ClubWRX
    Windows 7 is definitely a problem child for RomRaider.

When you downloaded the ECU definitions, did you download the .zip from here? http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=360

Make sure you downloaded the .zip file for the standard definitions at the very bottom of the post. Extract the .zip file (containing the .xml file) to your documents folder.

Go into the definitions manager and add the new .xml file to the manager, and make sure you hit save, once again.

Also, try right clicking on the program before opening it and choose "Run as administrator", see if that changes anything.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Thank you anub I was getting so pissed. I don't know if it was the run as admin or when I saved the defs to my documents instead of the desktop it made it so I only had to add one def and not 40....Well now I can see it.....Christ sake!!!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ajpturbo View Post
    Thank you anub I was getting so pissed. I don't know if it was the run as admin or when I saved the defs to my documents instead of the desktop it made it so I only had to add one def and not 40....Well now I can see it.....Christ sake!!!!!
    Lol, no problem. Like I said, Windows 7 is a problem child as far as RomRaider is concerned, you're not alone there. Glad to help.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

its really not that hard once you get to play around with it.

good luck
    bobby
    Last edited by PREracing; 07-24-2010 at 09:47 AM.
    bobby@preracing.com
    Performance Race Engineering
    503-619-0055

preracing.com
    Follow us on Twitter
    Friend us on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Everything has a learning curve.
    Romraider is the editor and logger. You do not need a cable or drivers for the editor portion. You just need to read and follow the instructions to load the definitions properly. Your comparing Honda Flashpro,a $600 product,to free software. If you want that kind of solution then purchase Ecutek's EasyEcu. If you don't have alot of patience then Opensource may not be for you although tons of people seem to be able to use it no problems including professional tuners.
    Donkey, can you use the Cobb AP to load RomRaider maps? I was just currious as to how you load RomRaider maps? I am on the learning curve. And thanks for all the great informational posts. Your guides have helped me out.
    Last edited by Array; 06-23-2013 at 01:01 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Cobb and Romraider are not interchangeable. You load the maps for Romraider by simply placing the ROM file in a folder in the Romraider Programs in the Windows "C" drive
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Cobb and Romraider are not interchangeable. You load the maps for Romraider by simply placing the ROM file in a folder in the Romraider Programs in the Windows "C" drive
    I see. I will do some reading. I will probably have PDXtuning make a map for me untill I can afford a pro tune. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.