Suggestions anyone? Aftermarket or Stock?

This is a discussion on Suggestions anyone? Aftermarket or Stock? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; When I bought my 04 WRX it already had a apexi CBE, Heliz DP, tien springs, and spt boost guage. ...

Suggestions anyone? Aftermarket or Stock?

When I bought my 04 WRX it already had a apexi CBE, Heliz DP, tien springs, and spt boost guage. And anxious to blow some money I bought a 50/50 Recurc. Turbo XS Hybrid BOV and Cobb Short ram intake. I just put the stock DP back on becuase I've been reading alot about it being unneeded with out a tune, as for aftermarket BOVs. I plan to get my timing belt replaced before I spend the money on a tune and dyno. My budy said he would give me what I paid for the BOV. Does anyone have any suggestions on whether I should keep ALL/SOME/NONE of the stock parts on and which ones??? Any critizism/suggestions is helpful, Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Keeping stock parts increases resale when you sell the car and if you ever have to put something back on you can you alreadu have that part available instead of having to buy another one.

This one probably one of the only things I was smart enough to do when I first started working on my new toy. But I was more looking to find out what combination is best for power, driveability, effiecency? Example: Keep A.M. CBE, replace the A.M. BOV to the stock one until I can get a tune ETC....

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Well, a tune is mandatory for that downpipe and the stock BPV works better than the TurboXS Hybrid. Run whatever catback you want.

As for the rest, do you have the heatshield for that Cobb intake? Which Tein springs?

Not sure about the tien springs they were on there when I got it. And I currently don't have a heatsheild on the intake...

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    You need to get a Cobb airbox or whoever makes the other airbox for the Cobb SF intake.

Also, it might be a good idea to find out which model spring you have.

Im guessing the guy I bought it off of didn't take the time to look or was just guessing becuase he originally told me it was Apexi from TBE and it actually had a catless helix. And I asked him at first what kind of springs and he wasnt sure and all I can see is the tien logo on the actual springs. Not sure of actually how to figure the spring info out.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Post a side profile picture of the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal
    You need to get a Cobb airbox or whoever makes the other airbox for the Cobb SF intake.
    Didn't MODE take over making discontinued Cobb products? I'm pretty sure they make an airbox / double-adjustable SS now
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC