error when using ecu flash
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on error when using ecu flash within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i am having a very weird problem with my car and ecuflash. : i have flashed many maps to my ...

error when using ecu flash

i am having a very weird problem with my car and ecuflash. : i have flashed many maps to my car before and had no problems with it what so ever. all of a sudden today i try to flash a map to it and i am getting an error in ecuflash.

[14:10:30.533] A4SGC00C (332 tables) inheriting 16BITBASE (495 tables) [14:10:30.580] 163840 byte image read.
    [14:10:32.795] Using interface OpenPort 1.3 Universal TX2AfeWY11383ff10ae46a0e729d1b62fd727549774c4fdc
    [14:10:42.263] denso02_bootloader_cmd_start
    [14:10:43.496] denso02_bootloader_cmd_start
    [14:10:44.735] denso02_bootloader_cmd_start
    [14:10:45.967] denso02_bootloader_cmd_start
    [14:10:47.197] denso02_bootloader_cmd_start
    [14:10:47.638] kernel get version
    [14:10:47.966] interface close
    [14:10:47.968] interface close

the jumper block is connected and the green test connectors are connected. program is running in compatibility mode, and as an admin. worked fine every other time, but still get this error. it will not read from ecu, write to ecu or test write to ecu. the odd thing is that romraider and learning view both can log no problem. i have tried uninstalling and re installing ecuflash, drivers, everything. nothing seems to be working so all help to get this new map on my car is greatly appreciated. thanks.

here is what i am getting when i try to do a flash.

also i tried to check for power to the flash block with a test light and got nothing, i dont know if there should be any power or not. also test mode works the rad fans cycle. i dont know what to do and need to get this working so i can flash the next tuned map.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i had the same problem and error code..after trying 15 diff ways. i found turning the key at the same time as hitting enter works everytime..its worth a shot..
    If you have everything under control you're going too slow.
    Bugeye Mafia #218 XPT gm bcs stage 2
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB
    ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECH.

ill give it a try, def worth a shot thanks, if not any other ideas to try?

tried it and no go i cant figure this out!

I Support ClubWRX
    Unfortunately I doubt your gonna get any different information here that you have not already gotten in your thread on NASIOC.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

there has got to be something that i am overlooking. there has to be an explanation and fix for this. if something stops working there usually is a way to fix it, correct? i hope.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Have you tried using another computer? Could be something buggy going on with the one you're currently using.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

i was doing it on a computer running windows 7 and it was working fine, then all of a sudden it stopped working, so i figured ok ill try a different computer, so i got a new computer running xp and still nothing, tried a different cable and nothing either, it can log but wont flash.

bump it up

help me out here, going nuts with this ****!

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Have you tried resetting the ECU via taking off the ground on the battery?
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

1) make sure your puting the car into test mode.. This means that when you do turn the key on the engine light will flash and the fans will cycle on and off... If this doesn't happen your not in test mode... You must connect the green connectors under your dash on the side of the drivers left foot kick panel... Also make sure that the second set on the passenger side on the right foot side under the cosmetic trim piece is connected...

If you connections are made and everything looks fine you have a cut wire or short somewhere and this needs to be addressed. You need to be in test mode first.

2) make sure you have the flash block put in into place or at the least have jumped the wires on the drivers side.. The wries to be jumped / flash block (which is just a jumper) are right near the green connectors on that side...

3) open ECU flash. Open your map. Make sure all wires are connected and your latop is plugged in. select flash to ECU or test write to ecu. A prompt will come on asking to proceed and yes or no options. Turn the key to on position and IMMEDIATELY select yes.

If not you should reinstall ECU flash and make sure you have the correct drivers installed. Update your tactrix cable's drivers if need be.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

i have never connected the ones on the passenger side before and it worked. so idk if this would do anything or not, i will have to check them out tomorrow, maybe somehow they got disconnected. and i know it goes into test mode when the green ones are connected because the light flashes and the fans cycle.

If thats the case dont worry about he passenger side connectors. Just follow step 3 in my above post to the "T"
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

well than that i have done already and no luck, i have unplugged the ecu will that reset it or do i need to unplug the battery and drain the power? also if i have a short somewhere or a cut wire how exactly do i go about finding that?
    Last edited by CSwrx22; 04-03-2010 at 07:48 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast