Weighing my options?

This is a discussion on Weighing my options? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I currently own a 2000 rs coupe and recently acquired a wrx engine with most likely a blown shortblock for ...

Weighing my options?

I currently own a 2000 rs coupe and recently acquired a wrx engine with most likely a blown shortblock for incredibly cheap that Im gonna eventually swap in. I wont know the damage until I rip into it. Anyways, the engine is a 2005 block with 2003 heads. If the block is destroyed beyond repair I just wanted to know my options.

Im kind of asking what block you guys think I should go with weighing everything out. I'm doing this on a relatively small budget and I'm not looking to make ridiculous power numbers.

I realize I can replace the block with another EJ20 and run a WRX ecu etc...

But my question is what EM/ECU are you guys with hybrid setups (EJ257 block with wrx heads) running. Is it just the stock STI ecu or are you running tuned wrx ecu's? Keep in mind that Ill need to stay OBDII. Kind of a newb question I realize but Ive been an N/A 2.5 guy for a good bit of time haha.

Any inputs would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    The ECU you run depends on the heads.

With a hybrid, a WRX ECU.

+1^... AVCS or non AVCS heads?

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    +1^... AVCS or non AVCS heads?
    Non AVCS just 03 WRX heads so I guess that answers my question. And then as far as tuning what is my best option?