Yes, you need an EM for engine mods - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Yes, you need an EM for engine mods within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does a tuner doing a dynotune need to know the specific mods done to your car to create an AP2.0 ...

Does a tuner doing a dynotune need to know the specific mods done to your car to create an AP2.0 map? I am currently talking to a pro-tuner to get an AP tune done on my '04 Sti , and he insist that he does not need to know the mods I put into my car. Does that seem correct?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I would think he would want to know the mods that maybe are not readily noticeable. If its just a "stage 2" Protune then it's really not to critical as he can just look at the car and see the mods.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Maybe so but he wouldn't be able to determine items like injectors or their flow capacity. Further I do believe it would be a little beyond a stage 2 tune, since they are injectors to tune for.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    I would think he would want to know the mods that maybe are not readily noticeable. If its just a "stage 2" Protune then it's really not to critical as he can just look at the car and see the mods.
    You didn't mention any specifics. The more information given,the better we can assist you.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Excuse me If this Has already been answered...

If I were to add a Turbo Back Exhaust, and a 16g turbo, and were to just get a Cobb Acessport instead of a pro tune at a shop, would that work?

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RikRCar21 View Post
    Excuse me If this Has already been answered...

If I were to add a Turbo Back Exhaust, and a 16g turbo, and were to just get a Cobb Acessport instead of a pro tune at a shop, would that work?
    You're going to need more supporting mods to run that turbo. If you go the AccessPort route, make sure you follow all map notes to the letter.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    You're going to need more supporting mods to run that turbo.
    What Kind of Supporting mods would you suggest?

I Support ClubWRX
    The map notes will list the parts supported.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I looks like it only supports vf34, vf39, and vf40 turbos? I' new at this, And would love to get a VF 24 In but this will mean i will need a different form of EM to support a tune for the VF 24?

I Support ClubWRX
    If it's not on the list you have two choices: use another form of EM or have someone make you a custom map. At that point you have a choice of whether to use a Cobb setup or not (and $ factors in).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

New to diy EM idea and WRX's

So while looking at the COBB maps, specifically,

cobb . wrx accessport . map listing

they have AEM in their map options. This means that I can use an AEM intake correct? The intake I am considering is

AEM 21-478WR - AEM Cold Air Intake System - AEM Online Store

Thanks for the help! This sticky has been really helpful

I Support ClubWRX
    yes
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Can we get a few edits in here -

The TMIC thing as Donkey pointed out relative to pressure drop, and I disagree with the statement on the potential benefits.

Bugeyes do not require a tune for a DP.

The BOV info is not true in all cases as stated by another poster. I think the new ones are worse.

The part on Cobb/opensource etc. has its own sticky, we should just put a link.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I read on the first post that a tune is not needed with an aftermarket BPV but what if I decided to run it at 50/50? I haven't seen that question posted or answered.

I'm interested in the COBB BPV for my 2014 but not if it needs tuned for. Thanks for any help.
    2014 Base WRB Hatchback
    - Dealer Options: short shifter, fog lights
    - Mods: Debadged, V-limited lip, gloss black headlights, Morimoto Angel Eyes

Future Plans
    - Audio, Exhaust, Suspension
    - Keep warranty as long as possible

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.