Boost Leak tool?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Boost Leak tool? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm still not convinced my 06 wrx is running at full boost, and I've brought this up on various occasions ...

Boost Leak tool?

I'm still not convinced my 06 wrx is running at full boost, and I've brought this up on various occasions in different posts. I've taken it to the dealer and the repair tech test drove and didnt think it was any slower than an identical model on their lot. But after driving with my original salesman, and asking for an honest answer he replied that he thought maybe it was a little bit slower, throttle response not as noticable.

So I really want to have it checked out, in the least expensive way possible. I'm not a gearhead and I wouldn't feel safe tinkering with different valvles and pulling everything apart to test something. I know theres been a post about a tool someone built to check for boost leak, but is their an easier way you guys would reccomend? Getting a dyno with diagnostics reading for example?
    06 WRX TR CGM {stock} Hawke-Eye #28
    Raysfield- "We don't get much snow, and I don't drive aggressively in the rain, so kind of irrelevant."
    .:Truth:.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

do you have a boost gauge? that would be the first thing i would check in to.
    03 WRX

What makes you think it isn't running at stock pressure (~11 psi)?

And yes, a boost gauge would be helpful, butt dyno's are notoriously incorrect. Otherwise, you could buy a tactrix cable and pull some logs. That'll tell you right away if something is drastically wrong. I would also keep in mind that the car will run less boost in lower gears.
    aka

-Bullwinkle1983
    -Nate

try the 3gear trick
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wage0052 View Post
    What makes you think it isn't running at stock pressure (~11 psi)?

And yes, a boost gauge would be helpful, butt dyno's are notoriously incorrect. Otherwise, you could buy a tactrix cable and pull some logs. That'll tell you right away if something is drastically wrong. I would also keep in mind that the car will run less boost in lower gears.
    + a big one. This cable is like the best thing going.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.