TurboTrix
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on TurboTrix within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; hey guys what up? im going to have my wrx in a couple weeks and plan on having some minor ...

TurboTrix

hey guys what up? im going to have my wrx in a couple weeks and plan on having some minor mods. i was looking for shops in the area and the one i am really looking at is turbotrix. Precision is just to far away. 70 miles each way. turbotrix is only 45 minutes away. i am asking if anyone here has had good/bad encoutners with them and if they are a overall good shop to go to. thanks

JEFF
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    I cant vouch for turbo trix, never dealt with them. I say take the 70 mile ride to Precision, people drive like 4 hours to Precision just to get work done, even longer distances. They do excellent work, and I really wouldnt think of going anywhere else.
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

I Support ClubWRX
    I would whole-heartedly NOT recommend Turbotrix. I've been hearing a lot of bad stories about them in the past months. Take the extra time and go to Precision. I live in NNJ right outside NYC and I make the trip when I need to. I'd rather take extra time out of my day to know that things are being done right.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    I would whole-heartedly NOT recommend Turbotrix. I've been hearing a lot of bad stories about them in the past months. Take the extra time and go to Precision. I live in NNJ right outside NYC and I make the trip when I need to. I'd rather take extra time out of my day to know that things are being done right.
    true, about how far do you travel to precision?
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

70 miles = 70 min tops?

i think you could be there in just over an hour. why not drivethe extra 15 min?

you cant compare a time vs a mileage. that makes no sense!

go to precision! (at least thatd be my choice from what ive read on the two afformentioned shops)

Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

I Support ClubWRX
    Since no one has mentioned it yet, I think you should go to Precision. The are really great guys

thanks for yur replys. ill prob wind up going to precision. the ? is where is a 4wd dyno in the jersey area other then turbotrix.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by br3ez
    true, about how far do you travel to precision?
    It takes me about an hour. I can get there faster if I see more boost
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    It takes me about an hour. I can get there faster if I see more boost
    so basically you go there and have all the work done the same day and have time to get home?
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by br3ez
    so basically you go there and have all the work done the same day and have time to get home?
    like before supper time & even before the street lights come on?

Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    If your gettin simple Mods done, Precision will have you in and out in no time. Call ahead and make an appointment, or simply talk to Rich and he'll tell ya how long things will take, hes a nice guy!
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

thanks for the replies. all i am realyl looking at is turboback and defi gauges for the meantime.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

Ditto what everyone else said. It is worth the trip. Even I have been down there.

One thing you don't want to mess with is the quality of the work done to your car. It is brand new so you have an opportunity to do everything right from the beginning.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by WRC_Obsessed
    Ditto what everyone else said. It is worth the trip. Even I have been down there.

One thing you don't want to mess with is the quality of the work done to your car. It is brand new so you have an opportunity to do everything right from the beginning.
    thats true brian. i hvae only heard good things about precision. i guess im going to make the trip.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

Precision is the only place besides me to work on my WRX. Top notch company.
    I have also had work on my EVO done at Turbo Trix, and they can be a little hard to deal with, they are incredibly busy over there.
    My vote goes to Rich and the guys at Precision.
    Creeping up on creeping for a decade.
    Bugeye Mafia V2 #322

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.