TobayFest 5 on Long Island 4/10 - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on TobayFest 5 on Long Island 4/10 within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; um........were you talking with turbowill and pete(white evo rs)...

um........were you talking with turbowill and pete(white evo rs)
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i got some pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00741.JPG   DSC00765.JPG   DSC00742.JPG   DSC00743.JPG   DSC00744.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    um........were you talking with turbowill and pete(white evo rs)
    yeah

some more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00746.JPG   DSC00748.JPG   DSC00749.JPG   DSC00752.JPG   DSC00753.JPG  

more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00754.JPG   DSC00755.JPG   DSC00756.JPG   DSC00758.JPG   DSC00759.JPG  

say something if you see your car...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00760.JPG   DSC00761.JPG   DSC00762.JPG   DSC00763.JPG   DSC00764.JPG  

more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00766.JPG   DSC00767.JPG   DSC00768.JPG   DSC00769.JPG   DSC00770.JPG  

more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00771.JPG   DSC00772.JPG   DSC00773.JPG   DSC00775.JPG   DSC00776.JPG  

i wonder who's car this is?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00777.JPG   DSC00778.JPG   DSC00779.JPG  

they didn't get permits

Here's the post by the dumbass who set this up:

Permits ARENT given for what we do. Never have in the past four years and never will in the future. And even if they did, which they wouldnt, there would be a fee plus the requisite insurance and that means entrance fees for YOU. This is a non-profit meet, unlike 'Bald hill' whose 'car meet' is really a money making proposition for the promoters.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by I Crave VTEC:

Captree was cool. There was NO police supervision. Just once when the state park trooper told a guy to put his quad back on his truck bed. Other than that, no cops.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that wasnt by accident.

Here's another thing to think about. Had the date been set two weeks earlier like usual at Tobay. We would have been there. Except we wouldn't. It was rained out and today would have been the 'rain date'

Sorry for some of your misplacements. But think about it...The Police base their scheduling on what they read here and what we are trying to accomplish, a large huge free meet with a little action thrown in, is unheard of. I'd call it a huge success.

I counted well over 1500 cars in two waves from 9:30am to 3:30pm.
    Thank you all for coming.
    There was a sweet 3-way race between a Vette, an S4 Audi, and an STI. Unfortunately the cameras werent in position. But I'll release a short video of the day.

P.S. Tobay at this time of year is open to the public. It was completely open yesterday and will be again tomorrow. Someone had the bright idea to 'close' it today only and cause huge traffic jams.

I saw Mertle & George sitting in bumper to bumper traffic trying to get to the beach that they go to every sunday. I bet they're glad to see their hard earned tax dollars at work. Especially funny, was watching two police departments (state and Nassau) stepping on each others feet. The State lets everyone hang out very peacefully at OBI (While throwing the book at everyone entering). Then Nassau showing up and telling everyone to get back on the road. Way to go guys!

I felt bad about those who got their rides impounded. However it should have been expected, going to a huge unsupervised street car event that the whole world knows about with a suspended license or no insurance or whatever.

What a ****ing dumbass. You try to throw a huge gathering knowing people are coming from all over. Then you don't try to get a permit, complain that the cops are going to shut you down. Great, fine. All good. So pull a fast one on the people who are by then on the road showing up in confusion. Also, it's a good idea to say "there was a great street race". What a tool.

Maybe this attitude has something to do with the cops not liking them.

haha, sweet pic, i'm right in the middle.

the traffic sucked

--Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by hellafastWRX
    It was an overall fun time though, I met alot of new people!
    +1!

Met some of you guys from LI and Bryan from PA...very cool time. I have to admit, it was very confusing cruising around when noone knew where they were going but it was still fun tho.

btw, the traffic mucho sucked

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

wooohooo....one of the only turbo honda's there! maybe the only lol
    1997 Milano Red GSR GT32E powered, LSVTEC
    mo pOwA than ur subiE bicH! jk...but shess quikk

1997 milano red Civic
    SI wannabeeeee

A couple nice shots of my rex, looks good! Along with every other car that came. Awesome time, can't wait for more meets like this one. Keep postin the pics and vids.
    ***2004 PSM STi***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.