Are there any performance shops around Allentown PA?

This is a discussion on Are there any performance shops around Allentown PA? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Sup guys....eventually im lookin to upgrade my turbo and i was wonderin if theres any wrx specialty shops near Allentown ...

Are there any performance shops around Allentown PA?

Sup guys....eventually im lookin to upgrade my turbo and i was wonderin if theres any wrx specialty shops near Allentown PA or are they all in Jersey
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    Sup guys....eventually im lookin to upgrade my turbo and i was wonderin if theres any wrx specialty shops near Allentown PA or are they all in Jersey
    I (and many others) would strongly recommend Precision Tuning in Brick NJ. Its about three hours away for you (two hours for me from lower Montgomery County) but well worth it. They can advise, sell, and install anything you might need.

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    +1 for Percision. You cant go wrong. Might be over an hour drive, but you wont have to drive back after they install the turbo. www.precisiontuning.com is their site. good luck!
    uncle lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

thanks alot guys....i appreciate it
    05 STI

I cant believe there is nothing closer to philly. But, with so many happy customers its probably worth the drive. Im going to them when i do my 18g and E.M. that i have not decided on.

bump
    05 STI

My barn has just completed one leak free, CEL free, vf-30 and uppipe install

Where are you Allentown guys hiding at? I'm on Macaurthur rd often and hardly see any Subs!

We need an Allentown meet!
    Rob

'07 Dodge Charger SRT8, black

Gone but not forgotten: '04 STi, '01 Camaro SS

Life Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars

I'd like to see a Valley Rally for sure, as well as a performance shop in the area with Subaru expertise. I know Becker will order any SPT parts but I'm not sure they are the real deal in the install adjust maintain world of performance parts.

ya know i think there are some allentown guys on www.tristatetuners.com
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Quote Originally Posted by David Bleurex
    I'd like to see a Valley Rally for sure, as well as a performance shop in the area with Subaru expertise. I know Becker will order any SPT parts but I'm not sure they are the real deal in the install adjust maintain world of performance parts.

I went to Becker to buy my STi and they were a$$holes. Pretty much had that "Buy it or don't" attitude, wouldn't let me test drive either. I went to Faulkner and they couldn't have been nicer so I bought there. Faulkner though, is NOT mod friendly. I've heard Becker is a little easier when it comes to mods. So far I haven't had to take my car in for anything. I hope my luck continues 'cause I got a couple more mods coming soon!

As far as a Valley Rally goes, as long as I'm not working (I have a strange schedule), I'm in!
    Rob

'07 Dodge Charger SRT8, black

Gone but not forgotten: '04 STi, '01 Camaro SS

Life Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars

Quote Originally Posted by copracer288
    I went to Becker to buy my STi and they were a$$holes. Pretty much had that "Buy it or don't" attitude, wouldn't let me test drive either. I went to Faulkner and they couldn't have been nicer so I bought there. Faulkner though, is NOT mod friendly. I've heard Becker is a little easier when it comes to mods. So far I haven't had to take my car in for anything. I hope my luck continues 'cause I got a couple more mods coming soon!

As far as a Valley Rally goes, as long as I'm not working (I have a strange schedule), I'm in!
    Becker was very dissuasive with respect to the STi, suggesting it wasn't good for much but racing, e.g. the ride wasn't good, it was expensive, etc. I understood that. I don't have an STi because it WAS too much $ for ME. They didn't know that at the time. Also, and this is not a small point, I have been a wagon fan for most of my adult life and with no STi Sportswagon for sale here, well, look what I got! I am sure I could've driven an STi, but since I wasn't going to buy it, I wanted to be fair to them so they'd be fair to me, and they were. I got a good price and no dealer option push beyond 'added' warranty. I visited Faulkner and they were so busy that the Cadillac man came over to let us drive a couple of Subarus; even though we were up front about not buying that day, just driving, the salesman was a gentleman. I'd recommend them on that basis. Never used their service.
    First Subaru (79) was serviced at Fairway in Hazelton and after that short period, all Becker service with only one gripe about a preemie clutch replacement on a Loyale. I told them if I ever felt I was being shafted again, I'd dump them and I'd dump ON them with no remorse or let-up. They've been nice to me so far. They should be, I've sold a few cars for them by word of mouth.

A Valley Rally would be nice and could attract many owners from a decent distance outside, too. No need to spend much $ either. Picnics at some of our really neat parks around here and a covered bridge tour to boot. The possibilities are well nigh limitless without spending alot. We all know where WRX owner's money goes ;-) .

Bump for a Valley Rally. I was at a meet at Red Robins on Sunday and had no idea there were so many rex's close by. Too bad it's so cold out right now... oh well my turbo appreciates it
    WRXcelration, in all seriousness, I'm sure I could help you with the turbo install (if it's bolt on). I know I'll prob be helping my other buddy out with an uppipe on his rex soon and MAYBE we could try to get together for an install day. But I would also recomend precision tuning. I'm actually gald I installed my turbo myself...it was alot of work but you learn a whole lot. I don't know if you have any mechanical skills, but I have no prior experience and I'm 17 and worked in a barn with mismatch sockets

Im 20 and im workin on savin for my upgrades now...i cant wait...im so used to my car it needs more power and it only has 5000 miles on it
    05 STI

copracer i have a JBP 04 rex and i live a bout a min from the autozone or sheetz on 145
    05 STI