Looking for Tuner/AWD dyno in PA/MD area
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking for Tuner/AWD dyno in PA/MD area within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; As my profile says, I'm in Waynesboro, PA. I'm looking for a tuner in either Pennsylvania, or somewhere in middle ...

Looking for Tuner/AWD dyno in PA/MD area

As my profile says, I'm in Waynesboro, PA. I'm looking for a tuner in either Pennsylvania, or somewhere in middle or nothern Maryland who can do AWD tuning with the UTEC.
    Can anyone recommend or point me to a shop in that area?
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Junior from turbotrix just opened one up in Long Island. He hasnt gotten the 4wd dino in yet, but i believe he will be gettin one in about a month
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    Junior from turbotrix just opened one up in Long Island. He hasnt gotten the 4wd dino in yet, but i believe he will be gettin one in about a month
    Long Island is not Maryland or Penn.

Cheesybacon: If you feel like venturing a little farther, Turbo Trix is in New Jersey, and I believe TurboXS is in either Maryland or Virginia.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Yeah I just searched TXS is in Maryland

http://www.turboxs.com/contact.htm
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Agile auto in Timonium has an awd dyno, etc. The only time I was there it was for an EVO tuning meet (Dynoflash). I've never personally had any work done by them so I can't vouch for skills but plenty of folks seem to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by hellafastWRX
    Yeah I just searched TXS is in Maryland

http://www.turboxs.com/contact.htm

Holy cow! TurboXS is based out of Gaithersburg, Maryland? I never knew that.
    I can't think of better people to tune the car than the people who made the EMS. I hope they aren't too expensive.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseybacon
    Holy cow! TurboXS is based out of Gaithersburg, Maryland? I never knew that.
    I can't think of better people to tune the car than the people who made the EMS. I hope they aren't too expensive.
    bad news....they're fricking ridiculously expensive! 50 buck setup fee, then 200/hr. You're usually not out of there for at least 2 hours, so that's $450 just for a tune....I guess it's worth it if they do a good job, but if there's anything you're not happy about, then you're going to be mighty pissed. Maybe give them a call and see what they say.

If you're going to get it done, you might as well get it done right. Go to TXS, but make sure everything is in TOP SHAPE for the tune, so they aren't fixing stuff on your car before they get it on the dyno.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Yikes! 200 beans an hour? For that kind of money I hope it's gonna make a difference. Think it's worth it going from a Cobb 2.5 setup?
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseybacon
    Yikes! 200 beans an hour? For that kind of money I hope it's gonna make a difference. Think it's worth it going from a Cobb 2.5 setup?

Ehh, I dont know. Try to get a road tune. It would be WAY less expensive and there aren't any drastic needs for a tune, considering your adding on to a staged (and previously dynoed) package. Precision Tuning does road tunes, I believe.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    If you're going to get it done, you might as well get it done right. Go to TXS, but make sure everything is in TOP SHAPE for the tune, so they aren't fixing stuff on your car before they get it on the dyno.
    Exactly. Call Nathan or Jermaine. Do it right the first time. I wasn't so fortunate.
    04 STI
    FPGreen

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.