What do you think of when you hear "Tri-State"?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on What do you think of when you hear "Tri-State"? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Just taking a poll to see what people think when they hear Tri-State. I know it sounds stupid, but I'm ...

What do you think of when you hear "Tri-State"?

Just taking a poll to see what people think when they hear Tri-State. I know it sounds stupid, but I'm working on something and I need to know if this term is an accurate description of what I'm going for. Thanks,
    Bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    polluted beaches
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

ha, thanks. any other input?
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

to me on li,ny it's ny,nj and ct.

check this out>US Tri-State Index:
    http://ns36.super-hosts.com/~bjbsoft...ers/index.html
    Rick G
    2006 Aspen White WRX wagon
    06 mods
    2004 PSM WRX sedan SOLD
    old 04 mods
    LISC#14
    SQC#031
    NASIOC#3122
    Admin@ www.LongIslandSubaruClub.com

I Support ClubWRX
    What is it..NY/NJ/PA? Is that right?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

tan
    Tri-state for what region?

Philly: South/Central Jersey, Southeast PA, and North DE
    NYC: NYC area, North/Central Jersey, & CT

if the common belief is that its PA, NJ, DE, and NY then thats cool... CT is a bit of a stretch for me though.
    i'm going to be starting a 'local' club and i'm trying to think of an appropriate name. i live 30 mins north of philly and most of the guys interested thus far are between here and philly (but over time many others will be encouraged to join as well). however, calling it phillysomething doesnt seem right... just because its not just in the city. on the other hand i dont want it to be too broad either. i want it to have a local feel but not be too finite.
    so is it safe to say that tristate would make one think of PA, NJ, NY and/or DE? any other ideas for something slightly smaller geographically that still includes the philly suburb area?
    thanks guys,
    bryan

www.TriStateTuners.com

Albany, NY (school) -- Long Island, NY (home)
    yea man; ny, nj, ct
    '02 PSM WRX -- turboxs turboback w/ magnaflow muffler, perrin up-pipe, helix tmic, ecutek
    LISC #13

Ny Nj Ct
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

tan
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi
    if the common belief is that its PA, NJ, DE, and NY then thats cool... CT is a bit of a stretch for me though.
    CT is a stretch for you because you're not in the NYC area.

Langhorne isn't 30 minutes from Philly. Maybe Center City without all that construction traffic on I-95. (I grew up off of Hulmeville Rd)

But Tristate depends on what area you are referencing, simple as that.

southern NY, northern NJ, Long Island, and any part of CT i can see from across the sound.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

yeah i just want people in the philly suburb / nj area (and also extended to DE and NYC area) to hear the name and be like "hey i'm in that area, i'll check it out because it sounds good for me"
    very true about the construction these days, but as long as i'm not in rush hour traffic it takes 40 mins to get to most places i want to go in philly, give or take. i just am used to telling people 30 mins cause its easier.
    i didnt really want to let the cat out of the bag, but i'm planning on starting a forum for this area... for all cars. its a huge success where i went to school in CO with www.highaltitudeimports.com and www.coracing.com and a lot of my ideas are based off of that. i'm just not sure how widespread i want to aim for, because a big draw of the forum is that you are actually local to a good amount of the members. any thoughts/ideas on that?
    bryan

www.TriStateTuners.com

Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota.

I do agree that what you consider TriState depends on where you are in relation to other states.
    NJ is Northeast on EvoM. Yet PA is Tristate.

For me it's either NJ/PA/DE or NJ/PA/NY. But having driven to Bill Kolb Subaru and seeing how close CT is to NYC, I guess I could be swayed.(although DE is still only like 1/2 hour from me, whereas NYC is like 2.5)

mike
    Last edited by the mike; 12-12-2004 at 03:58 PM.
    Creeping up on creeping for a decade.
    Bugeye Mafia V2 #322

Yaz
    Ny Nj Ct
    John
    1998 2.5RS Blue
    SQC #46
    LISC #46
    oh and id sell anyday for a 98 CW ITR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.